Recent Dive Trip to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amadeus023

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello Everyone,

Here I am under the sea. I just got back from diving in Cozumel and swimming with the whale sharks at Holbox. This photo below was taken during my dive at Punta Sur - Devil's throat in Cozumel. This was rated as the number #1 dive in the most recent issue of Scuba Diving magazine. We went through caverns on this dive and reached a maximum depth of 116ft. It was so beautiful to see all of the passage ways created by the coral reef formations. What a beautiful world there is under the sea ...

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

Here I am with our divemaster, William. I am wearing my Piranha Joe do-rag on my head. It had not come off yet. Guys do better with these because they have less hair for it to slide off of.

IMG_0059.JPG

Here is a photo of me with our divemaster, Sergio, during a dive in Palanchar Shallows (another one of the top 10 dive sites). We came across a sea turtle there on the coral reef formation. It was so adorable. I am the one making all of the bubbles - oops!

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

You can view more photos from my trip in my photo gallery.

Terrific pics. I'm headed down to Cozumel next week with my usual group of divers. It's a wonderful place to be!

-Charles

Why is it I hear that Devil's Throat is such a great dive and when I get to Cozumel the dm's on the boat never want to go there? They always downplay it as a deep dive that has little bottom time and I never seem to get over there.... I'm gonna have to now, see what you did Amadeus023??? Ha!

Thanks for the report and pictures.
I really gotta focus on getting back there !:wink:

Terrific pics. I'm headed down to Cozumel next week with my usual group of divers. It's a wonderful place to be!

-Charles

Charles - Thank you and I hope you have a wonderful time!

Why is it I hear that Devil's Throat is such a great dive and when I get to Cozumel the dm's on the boat never want to go there? They always downplay it as a deep dive that has little bottom time and I never seem to get over there.... I'm gonna have to now, see what you did Amadeus023??? Ha!

diverdowndh - I hear that some dm's don't want to go here because it can be a long distance (extreme southern portion of the island) to get there depending upon where you are staying. We happened to be staying in Palanchar so this dive was not far for us at all. The only restriction was that we had to sign up for it in advance because they had to have a minimum of 6 divers and they needed to verify that our diving skills were adequate to make this type of dive. You go through two caverns. The first one had a rather narrow passage - hence "devil's throat" and you need to feel comfortable with this. The entire Punta Sur Reef area is magnificent! You must go and see The Chapel as well in this area. The swim-thrus are just magnificent - you won't regret it!

I will have to do this, thanks for the info. Now that you mention it, I seem to remember a comment on it being way down on the south tip of the island... so, do you do your surface interval at the Rasta bar???? that would be funny!

Such a great report, glad the camera made it back with you, (that thing must be cursed) Buy the boy a clip lanyard. LOL Looks like a ton of fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom