Recent Dives at Jocassee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joe8mofo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Today we went to Lake Jocassee to get in some deep water diving, and the conditions in the lake were great for it. I first would like to report that the Dive park that is accessible from Devil's Fork park is closed until around January 16th due to trout stocking. As the Dive Park is closed, we found access from the walk-in camp sites. Maximum depth was 95 feet and the water temperature was 61 F at depth. Visibility was around 20 feet at 90' depth, and 20-30 feet at 50' depth

Today we went to Lake Jocassee to get in some deep water diving, and the conditions in the lake were great for it. I first would like to report that the Dive park that is accessible from Devil's Fork park is closed until around January 16th due to trout stocking. As the Dive Park is closed, we found access from the walk-in camp sites. Maximum depth was 95 feet and the water temperature was 61 F at depth. Visibility was around 20 feet at 90' depth, and 20-30 feet at 50' depth

Thanks for the tip. I just got back from Jocassee and was happy to not dive from the remote ramp at Keowee. Where did you enter the water re the "point" @ the walk-in camp sites?

Last edited:

Nice . I was headed to that spot yesterday, but they had a "camping area closed" sign up on the road leading to walk in camping. I end up entering as far north of the public restroom as I could get. I think I'm going to ask one of the guys-in-the-white-trucks if I can park in one of the camping spots that still appear to be open.

I wonder if it is closed because the holidays are over, maybe it will open back up soon. Did u get in a couple dives? What were the conditions?

I only did one 1-hour dive because of a bad case of drysuit crotch rot, ie leak @ privates. Visibility was maybe twenty feet. At 35 feet temp was 60 degrees. Looks like you could get much deeper, but I was alone, no bailout, and no one else in the area, and I don't really care about depth. I may go out on Bill's heated boat tomorrow and hang out off the wall @ 100 feet. I'll let you know about the temp and vis.

Last edited:
I am not dry-suit certified, so I go in a 7mm wetsuit with hooded vest and gloves. I was planning on going up to Jocassee on Mon or Tues to do some diving.

I'm thinking the same thing. I we can get a total of 4 divers we can go out on Bill's heated boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom