Recent Reviews for Dive Operator going to Nusa Penida Dives (2010)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

veron

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi fellow divers!

I've been reading through scuba board and can't seem to find recent reviews of dive operators going to Nusa Penida. Any tips/recommendation?

I'm look at diving there end of August to see th great MOLA MOLA :)

Seriously can't wait to get there and do some cold water diving :)

Thanks in advance for your reply!!

Veron

If you search threads for Bali, you should find plenty of comments about the different operators. I'll be staying on Lembongan in August & diving with World Diving. It gets nice reviews but I don't have any first-hand experience yet.

Sue Beebe
Manager - World Diving Lembongan
World Diving Lembongan Home
info@world-diving.com
+628123900686

Hi there,

We do trips out to Nusa Penida to see the Manta Ray and the Mola Mola in our new speed boat. Takes 15 minutes to get from Padang Bai to the north side of Nusa Penida (on a calm sea of course!!)

We were in Crystal bay a couple of days ago and saw 6 mola mola...... absolutely amazing!!

If you want any information just drop me a line at gekodive@indosat.net.id

Best fishes

Cynthia

I used Absolute Dive Bali and was very impressed. Check them out.

Lotus Bungalows Resort and Gangga Divers in Candiasa are my pick! Great resort and top notch dive operation! We saw lots of mola molas last year! Check them out and have fun!

Am in Bali at the moment and recently did a day trip to Penida. Dove with Bali Scuba, I looked at Crystal Divers and Absolute too I think, all were recommended on the forums. Bali Scuba had the best price for the daytrip so we went with them.

I've actually dived with them before, although it was a few years ago, I didn't remember it was them till I got to the shop. They were absolutely fine, my only complaint would be that as we were the last to the shop we got the dregs of the rental gear. It wasnt a problem though, it all fit and functioned absolutely fine. Our dive guide was great, very safety conscious which is important because the currents can be strong and unpredictable on the sites.

My only recommendation would be to book a little bit in advance as at the moment its really busy and make sure you specify what sites you want to go to. They are weather/condition dependant- ie manta point can be too choppy to dive. I had to ask to go there, otherwise we would have done all 3 dives at crystal bay.

Oh, and crystal bay can get darn cold so make sure you either take or rent plenty of wetsuit!

Have fun :D

Thanks for your feedback!! I appreciate it!!

Thanks

Veron :cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom