Recent Stripper pics to share

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
I'm thinking about painting it after I get it back from hydro though that will just be a "comsmetic enhancement"
I would think twice on that one. If I went to vis a tank that was painted I would be a bit suspicious. You will always have to defend/explain how you painted it.

SparticleBrane:

cool. I remember this thread now. I was drop off my tanks with you to get them polished!

JeffG:
I would think twice on that one. If I went to vis a tank that was painted I would be a bit suspicious. You will always have to defend/explain how you painted it.

I see people say this, but you can buy tanks painted new. Is their tank painint process any different? I remember an article in ScubaDiving magazine in the last year on how tanks were made, including painting them. I can't access the article since their website is STILL down, but I think they just ran them through a regular spray pain and sealer.

On a seperate note... has anyone painted a tank with "RhinoLiner"? talk about a "tough" paintjob that would be resisitant to stratches.

mike_s:
I see people say this, but you can buy tanks painted new. Is their tank painint process any different? I remember an article in ScubaDiving magazine in the last year on how tanks were made, including painting them. I can't access the article since their website is STILL down, but I think they just ran them through a regular spray pain and sealer.
You hear stories of guys using paints that require baking. (Auto body paints). This automatically condemns a tank.

So, you can paint your tanks the right way, but you will have to convince the shop monkey of that. Personally, to me its not worth it. I don't need my tanks to be "pretty"

Wow, the title to this thread is alittle misleading. Where are the strippers?

Dave (aka "Squirt")

H2Andy:
question: would it work with steel tanks?

if not, got any tips for that?

Andy, I've used aircraft remover to take the paint off my vehicles before I repaint them, and the bodies are steel. It works great. Should be hassle-free for your steel tank.

You can also get the stuff in cans from automotive stores, you just wipe the stuff on instead of spraying it.

cool pics Tamas. Mine sorta went that way. I started out with a 5 year old can of Aircraft stripper and I could tell it must have settled in the can and didn't work as well. It took using a new can to get it to bubble that way yours did.

I have to mention that you were very brave to be spraying that stuff so close to your vehcile as you did in pic 4.. (assuming you used the spray on applicant)

mike_s:
I have to mention that you were very brave to be spraying that stuff so close to your vehcile as you did in pic 4.. (assuming you used the spray on applicant)

the idea is to spray the tank and not the car!!!! :D and at any rate it's just my brother's Honda Civic - no big loss if it get's sprayed....just a Honda after all

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom