Recent Stripper pics to share

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tamas:
Glad you liked that.....btw, cute avatar! What, gave the psycho pussy the boot?
Just put him/it on ice for a while. Its now the kinder and gentler me. :wink:

Tamas:
just a Honda after all

I'll have you guys know that my Honda is 13 years old and still running strong. I drive it 60 miles roundtrip to work each day and it still runs as good as the day I got it.

(BTW... my Honda almost suffered the same possible fate. Overspray from the Aircraft Stripper. I moved it right before I started on the tank in case a light breeze took overspray to it.)

mike_s:
I'll have you guys know that my Honda is 13 years old and still running strong.
I'm sorry :wink:

DawgDiver:
Andy, I've used aircraft remover to take the paint off my vehicles before I repaint them, and the bodies are steel. It works great. Should be hassle-free for your steel tank.

You can also get the stuff in cans from automotive stores, you just wipe the stuff on instead of spraying it.

sweet, thank you

mike_s:
All,

as the previous poster pointed out, after I stripped the tank, it was left with some weird markings on it. see below

tank-after.jpg

does anyone know what might have caused this?

also, the markings are "rather shiney" and the rest of the tank is "rather dull". What causes this?

Does it just "need a good polishing" on the aluminum?

Any thoughts appreciated. I'm thinking about painting it after I get it back from hydro though that will just be a "comsmetic enhancement"

-Mike
I wonder what affect if any it would have on the tank to lightly sandblast it to give it a brushed finish instead of painting it? I recently purchased a new al80 with a finish that looks blasted and it looks very impressive and easy to maintain. not sure on a used one though. Bob

I take my finishing sander with really fine sandpaper and run it up and down the tank to take away those marks and make the appearance even. Then the tank oxydizes itself over evenly.

Back
Top Bottom