Recent Trip Reports to PDC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beth_castroll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been trolling the boards for weeks now.
We leave for PDC on Sept 4th and wonder what its been like lately.
Seems to be very little discussion on dive conditions.
Have people been using wet suits?
Has the recent upsurge of Hurricanes effected anyone's dives?
Any seasonal migrations besides the whale sharks?
Are there many tourists in PDC right now or were they all scared off by H1N1, economy and the fact the Mexico decriminalized drugs yesterday.

thanks in advance & I promise inturn to post a trip report when I get home.

I've been trolling the boards for weeks now.
We leave for PDC on Sept 4th and wonder what its been like lately.
Seems to be very little discussion on dive conditions.
Have people been using wet suits?
Has the recent upsurge of Hurricanes effected anyone's dives?
Any seasonal migrations besides the whale sharks?
Are there many tourists in PDC right now or were they all scared off by H1N1, economy and the fact the Mexico decriminalized drugs yesterday.

thanks in advance & I promise inturn to post a trip report when I get home.

I've never dived PDC specifically, although I have done some dives off the Yucatan mainland previously. Heading down there in December (I know that doesn't help you), for some off-shore and inland (Cenotes) diving. There are two dives we want to do, one is called the "Green Wall" and the other is called "Tarpons and Tortugas". I've done both from Cozumel on a larger boat in a past life, but they are really good dives. Plus, we've been doing quite a bit of cenote diving south of PDC (we really love Puerto Aventuras), and will be doing at least one day of cenote diving in the PDC area.

Can't give you any recommendations on dive ops, as we are still researching that ourselves, sorry!

Hey Beth,
Playa del Carmen is bustling away as usual! We are at the end of summer high season (which wasn't as high as normal, but still quite busy) and now as the kids go back to school, the bustle will die down until around thanksgiving. This week the diving has been fantastic! We've hardly had any wind so the sea has been a big lake!! Great for diving and for the whale sharks which are coming into their last weeks. Unfortunately the flu did take its toll on the local economy ironically enough since it ended up being more dangerous for most of you to stay home than to come down here where we didn't have ANY cases!! Silly silly tourists.... :)
Come on down, enjoy your vacation, spend money, and tell all your friends about Playa del Carmen!! We love it and so will you!!
(ps. if you need any help at all, just let me know!)

We leave for PDC on Sept 4th

We're leaving for Puerto Aventuras Sept 5. Diving with Aquanauts (Dennis). Doing a few days reef dives, a couple cenote dives & probably a night dive.

Maybe see you around?

Terry

Beth, I agree completely with divinglife. We went on the whale shark expedition on sunday and saw at least 60. Diving off of Playa and Puerto Morelos has been great. No hurricanes on the scope yet... I'm keeping my fingers crossed. When are you coming down to Playa?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom