Recomendations for Curacao Dive Operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubbasbaitshop

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be traveling to Curacao in July. Already booked hotel etc and need recommendations for a dive operator. My wife does not dive so I am will be needing dive buddy(s) too. Would like to dive 4-5 days while I am there so I will be looking for a variety of places to dive as well.

Thanks.

Had an outstanding time diving with Ocean Encounters West in 2008 and recommend them very highly. A lot of the best sites at Curacao are only a short boat ride from their dock. Definitely do not miss "Watamula." No need to worry about connecting with dive buddies ahead of time, OEW will take good care of you. The reef just off shore from their dock is an outstanding shore dive.

Scroll through my photo site for Curacao albums:

http://honeymoon2.smugmug.com/

all the best, alashas

where are you staying? In some cases there is an on site op and it will often make sense to use them. You location will somewhat determine where you tend to dive as well, as it's a decent size island.

we are staying on the east end (I think) very close to downtown. We will also have a car, so getting around the island is not a problem.

what's the name of the place? Random recommendations of dive operators around the island are of little help without knowing where you are staying.

Last edited:
Check out Dive Charter Curacao. Niels is a great guy. He brings a small rib around and you can go diving with whomever is diving that day. I went last year with a buddy for a day while we were in Curacao. I had a great time and it was a very cool, personalized experience.

Hey Bubba :)

We pick up and drop off at Plaza and can take you shore diving around some great spots in Curacao. We can also arrange boat dives to Watamula for you, through Dive Charter Curacao - well worth a day.

Drop me a PM or email via our website if you need more info - happy to help :)

All best
Suzy

The Dive Bus - HOME

I've not been to Curacao yet (but we're heading that way...) but I will say that Suzy from The Dive Bus has been extremely helpful. We've already arranged our schedule and she's been very helpful with answering questions and dealing with specific issues.

And it sounds like the Dive Bus Birthday Party is going to be memorable. :) Or shameful, I'm not sure which...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom