Recommend a drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alekseolsen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looks like I need to get myself a new Drysuit, my current one (purchased used) has a leaking Zipper, as well as seams leaking, and the socks are soon coming off. Essentially the plan is to use my current one for summer diving, but a leaking Drysuit is too cold for winter dives, hence the new suit.

I've been considering a bit, but really not sure what to get.
I'm 186 cm tall, 84 Kg' s and 45 in shoe size, so I should be quite close to a "tall-large" or an XL suit.
I'm considering One endurance, a D7 nylotech, a D9 Breathable, Cordura Softdura or BZ.
Local diveshop advised against Mares XR, as I could not get correct sized shoes from the factory. (They do change them at the diveshop, but fabric fittes does seem better).

I do believe I'll go with silicone seals, as I can replace them "on the go", without ruining a dive-day.

Do anyone have some recommendations to make? Most expensive Dive-investment I've made so far, so hoping to make to correct purchase
My current Drysuit is a Subgear trilaminate, which I've been happy with, apart from leaks, as well as the fact it's fitted with socks instead of shoes.

I'm diving in Norway, usually in cold waters. By no means any "technical diving", but it's nice to have some movement regardless.

I would also look at Northern Diver Drysuits and Otter https://www.drysuits.co.uk/ They are made on your side of the pond. If Bare is available over there, I would have a look at them because they come in 17 sizes. XCS2 Pro Dry Neoprene Drysuit | BARE Sports
I would look at a compressed neoprene suit because you will require less underwear than a fabric suit and it won't change your buoyancy like a a 7mm neoprene suit. I dive a Bare 4mm compressed suit with a neoprene neck seal because I don't like anything really tight around my neck and it's warmer. I have latex wrist seals because they seal better on my small wrists.

Merry and I each love the Waterproof D7 Pro Cordura. They are bulletproof. We use them with the Ultima dry glove system and Showa 720 gloves.

I have a otter brittanic its superb for me as its made of slightly heavier material and so great for cave or wrecks as it stands up to a lot of abrasion its a little stiff because of that so i use scuba force undergarment that gives me back a little more flexibility i have the latex seals and cuff protectors if your a non standard size pay the extra and get a custom fit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom