Recommend Card Size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A 1 gb card will get you 315 pictures. However once you go higher than the recommend 512 mb, and past 156 pictures, there is a possibility that the camera will slow down, but not by a significant margin.
Ok, TY - I was confused earlier when you said: "For the DC500, SeaLife recommends using a 512 MB SD card which will take about 315 hi-res images..."

I don't remember for sure, but I thot the day that I did 4 dives without returning to the hotel room that I shot 160 pics on one battery charge, but I see in your specs...
Battery life: Approx. 100 pictures or about 1.5 hours per charge
So maybe I did change batteries? If so, that would be a good time to change cards and I do have two 512 mb cards.

You can take more pics than specified.. I do it all the time with my Mini.

Don, I have the DC500, a 1GB standard Scandisk card and the digital flash. I have not once ever had to wait for the camera. I suppose if you have it on 3 round burst, but as you mentioned you have to wait for the flash to recycle. If I use the on board flash I can still take shots faster than I can recompose.

My suggestion would be to use the 1GB card, it works just fine...

Back
Top Bottom