Recommendation for a "warmest" 7 mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henderson Aqualock. Pretty darn good at almost being a semi-dry. Amazing flexibility.
Don't own one, but know people who like diving the Hollis. They do complain about the attached hood while out of the water.

Another vote for the Bare Reactive. Hands down the best and warmest wetsuit I have ever worn.

Coldest dive in it as far as temp goes was 50F/10C and I was felt quite comfortable the entire dive.

Last edited:
I have a two-piece 7mm freediving suit with an integral hood. It's warm. I've maybe made 20 dives in it in water that was colder than 50. The coldest dive I've used it on was 33 degrees.

A custom two piece skin in farmer john + hooded beaver tail. Very little water exchange. Heat Wave Custom Wetsuits is one company making them, also Wetwear. No connection to either. I have the HeatWave 20/10mm. I like it warm and it keeps me happy in Monterey's 55 degree water.

Three oldtimers!

I was two years old when I got certified. Makes me the youngest of this bunch.

I add a 5/3 hooded vest if the water is below 60. I intensely dislike bibbed hoods so this is a better choice for me.

I have the predecessor to the Bare Reactive - the Bare Elastek. Has most of the same features minus the celliant material and ankle zips. Works really well for me (my wife has and likes one also). love the seamless armpits, sealed seams wrist and ankle seals - with a good glove the wrist seal is completely watertight. Only complaint is it's difficult to get my feet out with the ankle seals, which is likely why the Reactive got the ankle zips added.

My Cressi Lontra is the warmest 7mm that I have ever used, but I still prefer to dive dry.

p.s. I started diving in 1971, and nobody cared if I was certified - and I still don't consider myself old!

I use a freediving two piece beavertail. No zippers.
Warmest suit so far for a 7 mil.

My warmest ever suit is my 1/2” Rubatex custom made attached hood beaver tail suit by M&B Wetsuits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom