Recommendation for dive outfit in Nusa Penida for Mola Mola?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flybigjet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Don't shoot the messenger, guys......

Long story short-- I'm headed to Bali and Komodo in late Sept, but I didn't plan this one at all. It's the other couple were going with's turn to plan, so I got told to shut up and color and orders to find a recommended dive outfit in Nusa Penida for 23 Sept.

Our friends are nutty about critters and the wife is resolute in seeing a Mola Mola. It's a little late in the season, but it's easier to say yes than to argue.

We're staying at the Alan Sunsor hotel in Nusa Penida and I need a recommendation for a dive outfit/guide and maybe a good few dives? We only have one day here, so time is limited. All divers are Nitrox & PADI AOW or Master.

Thanks!

R.

Don't shoot the messenger, guys......

Long story short-- I'm headed to Bali and Komodo in late Sept, but I didn't plan this one at all. It's the other couple were going with's turn to plan, so I got told to shut up and color and orders to find a recommended dive outfit in Nusa Penida for 23 Sept.

Our friends are nutty about critters and the wife is resolute in seeing a Mola Mola. It's a little late in the season, but it's easier to say yes than to argue.

We're staying at the Alan Sunsor hotel in Nusa Penida and I need a recommendation for a dive outfit/guide and maybe a good few dives? We only have one day here, so time is limited. All divers are Nitrox & PADI AOW or Master.

Thanks!

R.

I'm sorry, I don't know any diveops in Nusa Penida. Make it a good one, because the area is quite tricky with currents.

One day to dive and orders to see one thing for sure are not usually the prerequisites for success.

- Bill

You should probably prepare a 5 mil, hood wouldn’t hurt. Usually it’s on the warmer side, but I’ve heard when the current hits, especially when mola’s are around it can drop to 18-20C. Cold.

You should probably prepare a 5 mil, hood wouldn’t hurt. Usually it’s on the warmer side, but I’ve heard when the current hits, especially when mola’s are around it can drop to 18-20C. Cold.
I normally wear a 3mm equivalent, but I have an additional vest and hood that I always carry. Worst case, I can rent, I suppose.

Scuba Junkies has a shop for Penida.
I've not used that particular one but they are known for safety and professionalism.
I've used Lembongan dive center and they ran a safe operation. Two Fish has a shop on Lembongan also known for professionalism.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom