Recommendation please, for scuba gear repairs in Coz.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brownie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Good morning! I arrived Coz on Tuesday. On my 1st dive yesterday, my u/w UK "Aqualite" flashlight flooded. Back at the hotel I gave it a quick rinse with fresh water. The lithium-ion battery is likely toast, but I'm wondering if the flashlight housing can be saved. Any recommendations for a local dive shop/technician to have a look at it?

On another note, my "air horn" has bubbles leaking at the connection point--maybe I can get a new "thingamajig" installed at the same time.

Thank you for any suggestions!

Cozumel Scuba Repair back near 90 Ave is great, and they have a guy who tends to walk-ins as you enter. I'm doubtful about the light, altho it may be fine; you could ask while he fixes your connector.

Barefoot scuba on 10th ave near Salas is advertising Dr Gear maintenance & repair, but I've never heard of them.

Cozumel Scuba Repair back near 90 Ave is great, and they have a guy who tends to walk-ins as you enter. I'm doubtful about the light, altho it may be fine; you could ask while he fixes your connector.

Barefoot scuba on 10th ave near Salas is advertising Dr Gear maintenance & repair, but I've never heard of them.
Thank you @DandyDon , port is closed this morning (El Norte) so I will visit CSR.

Much appreciated.

Besides Scuba Repair I have also had luck with Studio Blue on Salas between Av 5 and 10. Flashlight parts might be difficult. Any air horns that I had leaks with were oring issues but I can't say what is wrong with yours. Scuba Repair is on Calle 1 south between 85 and 90 Av.

Besides Scuba Repair I have also had luck with Studio Blue on Salas between Av 5 and 10. Flashlight parts might be difficult. Any air horns that I had leaks with were oring issues but I can't say what is wrong with yours. Scuba Repair is on Calle 1 south between 85 and 90 Av.
Popped into Studio Blue but the technician wasn't there, so I taxied to Scuba Repair. Ending up leaving my air horn there for pickup early next week. Walked back to Casa Mexicana from Scuba Repair--that's my exercise for the day!:)

With respect to my flashlight, I think I will connect with Underwater Kinetics to see if it's redeemable. And will use downtime to research a replacement light.

Thank you @ColoDale and @DandyDon

Popped into Studio Blue but the technician wasn't there, so I taxied to Scuba Repair. Ending up leaving my air horn there for pickup early next week. Walked back to Casa Mexicana from Scuba Repair--that's my exercise for the day!:)

With respect to my flashlight, I think I will connect with Underwater Kinetics to see if it's redeemable. And will use downtime to research a replacement light.

Thank you @ColoDale and @DandyDon
As for the light, I flooded my old school UK light a few years ago, and after a cleanup it worked just fine, but it is just batteries, a switch, and an incandescent light bulb. I'd hazard a guess that a light with any sort of electronics is toast.

As for the light, I flooded my old school UK light a few years ago, and after a cleanup it worked just fine, but it is just batteries, a switch, and an incandescent light bulb. I'd hazard a guess that a light with any sort of electronics is toast.
Yeah, I think it's toast but I'll wait til I return home and see what UK recommends. It flooded on the very 1st dive of this trip. I have a backup light but its beam is too wide for my purposes. Bothers me to lose a trusted piece of gear that has travelled many miles with me over the years.:crying:

On my 1st dive yesterday, my u/w UK "Aqualite" flashlight flooded.

With respect to my flashlight, I think I will connect with Underwater Kinetics to see if it's redeemable.
Looking at their lights, I like a one that uses batteries that can be purchased anywhere if needed, but boy have they got big on AA and AAA batteries! How wimpy. Their 3C lights look ok, but their prices seemed to have soared. Wow.

Jimmy at Scuba Price has a pretty decent LED, rear push button, light for sale, its what I have been using for the last couple years. I think I paid around $60 USD for it.

Looking at their lights, I like a one that uses batteries that can be purchased anywhere if needed, but boy have they got big on AA and AAA batteries! How wimpy. Their 3C lights look ok, but their prices seemed to have soared. Wow.
My old school UK light is 4D. I take it on night dives as a backup but it's too much for normal use; it's like turning on the sun. I use it for lighting up the surface when I am coming up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom