Recommendations for Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve, I've never heard of anyone putting Aruba on a dive destination list. I think if you check with the dive community, [notwithstanding one or two divers here], magazines, dive shops,etc,you will not hear Aruba mentioned as a place to dive. There are so many other better places to dive, like Bonaire, which is close by, that I think you will be disappointed, if your main objective is diving, if you go there. Any flight you take there will pass over greater dive places.

I have been to aruba 3 times for a total of 5 weeks.Its true that the reefs are not the best but the wrecks are some of the best in the caribbean. Aruba has been in the top 5 caribbean wreck destinations in scubadiving magazine for as long as I have been sunscribing to it. I like a wreck to look like a wreck not a pile of wood and metal on the bottom. I agree that Romeo and Vanessa of Nativedivers are the best. I have used them every time I go to Aruba.

JRScuba:
I find this statement extremely offensive. Having spent 4 years of my youth in the service, left my 4 yo son for a tour overseas so you can say this garbage. Maybe since this is VETERANS DAY you should look back and see how many men and woman gave their lives for you to get on this board and say that and also LIVE in this country. Isn't it wonderful to be in a FREE land and say what is on your mind. It is appears to me that you have never been to another country and seen how they live. We may not do things right all the time but it is the best country this world has ever seen. Watch Midnight Express for starters, true story.

I'm sure the more I go on the less you will understand what I'm talking about.

I AM PROUND TO BE AN AMERICAN.

Your Welcome.

P.S.People don't like to argue on this board or any other for that matter.
It's just that, at times, they do not like what " SOME " people say.

I believe you should go back and re-read the thread. U will detect sarcasm due to a certain persons attacks. Further it is simply called English and not American English. England, where english came from... aslo speaks English but you certainly wouldn't call it American English. Actually, some people there speak what is referred to as the "Queen's English". In the end it is all English.

I would hope next time you go in for an attack like that you have your facts straight. Anyway, I forgive you.

Hope you have a super wonderful day.

Missdirected:
I believe you should go back and re-read the thread. U will detect sarcasm due to a certain persons attacks. Further it is simply called English and not American English. England, where english came from... aslo speaks English but you certainly wouldn't call it American English. Actually, some people there speak what is referred to as the "Queen's English". In the end it is all English.

I would hope next time you go in for an attack like that you have your facts straight. Anyway, I forgive you.

Hope you have a super wonderful day.

Hmm you did write this. "Sorry, if I offended anyone by saying American. It is incorrect to say American, my bad. "

Perhaps you should phrase things better in the future.

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a super wonderful day everyday.....

JRScuba:
Hmm you did write this. "Sorry, if I offended anyone by saying American. It is incorrect to say American, my bad. "

Perhaps you should phrase things better in the future.

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a super wonderful day everyday.....

Whatever, u still didn't read the entire thread. U happily took things out of context. And for the last time u speak English not American. And sorry I offended with the wrong grammar - for the last time. Glad u r at home and not at war. Intelligence not thick mindedness is needed.

Missdirected:
U happily took things out of context. And for the last time u speak English not American. And sorry I offended with the wrong grammar - for the last time. Glad u r at home and not at war. Intelligence not thick mindedness is needed.

1) I would of been happier if you phrased it correctly the first time.

2)I never declared what language I spoke.
For the record. " I read, speak and write "English ".
Not a master at it, but enough to get by.

3) I beg your pardon Missdirected. I'm intelligently thick minded.:wink:

Now that we got that over with.

How about a SMILE.:D

Dive SAFELY and Support our Troops, they deserve it.

Great PM :D

"dive shop that is right on the pier on Palm Beach...I forget the name, but there is a pier with a Dunkin Donuts on it, and the boat leaves from there"

This is Unique Sports of Aruba dive shop...I have read many good reviews. Also, Clive (Dive Aruba) gets positive feedback. Cannot personally comment on either operators or the diving...our 3 trips were prior to being certified.

Among our favorite restaurants are Madame Jeanette's, Papiamento, Chez Mathilde, Driftwood and Flying Wishbone. Iguana Joe's and Mambo Jambos for appetizers and drinks.

Had good experiences renting jeeps from Carribbean Car Rental (Across the street @ airport) during past trips.

You'll have a great time...enjoy!

It's the Pelica pier and the dive shop is Pelican Adventures. They are behind the Holiday inn.

No doubt about it... Native Diver.
Romeo & Vanessa are the best.

Have a great time Steve.

I have not had time lately to read forums, etc so I just saw your questions. We were in Aruba for 12 days in 2004. We dove with Unique Sports of Aruba. They are located beachside at Aruba Grand Resort. They will p/u at local hotels, we had a rental car so we did not use their service. We had a great experience with them. My 11 year old took resort course and he was able to dive with us each time. They took time with us as I had some issues with bouyancy and had almost given up diving due to a bad instructor. Their e-mail address on the business card we brought home is as follows. uniquesports@setarnet.aw. We had plenty to do when not diving but we are a married couple with a child. We did two tank dives for a total of five days and were usually just content to sit a pool or ride to the other end of island to explore in the off time. Hope you enjoy your trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom