Recommendations for Dive Op and Accomodation in West Palm Beach Area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nivek Llekots

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi All,

I'm a DM working in Curacao and am looking to make a two week trip in the second half of August to the West Palm Beach Area of Florida. I will be traveling with my wife who is a non diver and would like some recommendations on which dive op to use and where to stay.

As I say I'm a nitrox certified DM with more than 1500 dives in the last five years, so if possible I would like to do some of the more advanced dives in the area, preferably with the best chance of seeing some of the bigger creatures, we have loads of macro stuff here in Curacao.

With regards to accommodation we would prefer a one bedroom apartment type place, preferably with a swimming pool, not to far from a good dive op, and within walking distance of shops and restaurants. Ideally we would like something in the $100 per night price bracket.

Any tips on restaurants and things to do in the area would be much appreciated, we will be renting a car for part of our stay, so anything great to do a little further away is also possible.

I know it's a lot to ask, but any tips will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Nivek​

Jim Abernethy is a fantastic operator. Even though you aren't looking for macro you won't want to miss out diving the Blue Heron Bridge. I wouldn't imagine you'd have any trouble finding accommodation in your price range, but for that and restaurants etc you'll get better responses from a local rather than just from a frequent visitor

Hey you can also try/check out "Narcosis Dive Charters." They are AWESOME everytime I've done offshore diving in West Palm I've used them. The Captain is Van Blakeman. As with "ocdiver1" I'm only a frequent visitor, but I'm sure either Capt. Van or one of his DM's Bryan Clark and help you out with suggestions as far as Lodging goes. Everytime I go I've stayed in a hotel just down the road for $60 a night but if your gonna be there for 2 weeks that might get old. They do have a link to a couple of Bed and Breakfest places on their website also.
Scuba Diving West Palm Beach Florida with Narcosis Dive Charters

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom