Recommendations for Free Dive log App that I can send or sync (to Computer (mac)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

globalmark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all

Does anyone Know of a iPad/iphone app that I can manually fill in Dives then when return home , Sync or send to Computer (mac) so shows the Same info there ?? - I have google around but cannot really see any that do this that are Free or sensible priced ..
Or is there no such thing out there ?

Cheers Mark

Dive Log at the App Store: $11.99. No affiliation, I just read about it in "Dive Training" magazine.

Subsurface is working on a companion app for their open source dive log application. From what I can tell it's a bit of a work in progress so far. I changed to using their application when I bought my new computer...so far it's been smooth sailing. Works well with my DG03.

I use Dive Log Manager. It works great on my iPad and iPhone, syncs with my laptop, and downloads data from my Cobalt. It's everything I need.

Thanks for Suggestions Guys
Dive Log manager look great But cannot justify spending that Much on a Log book , only to replace few bits Paper really and don't have interface for dive computers I have ,
Subsurface - yes found them by another Post Info , am using now they seem pretty Good just to fill in , Does not Support many different Import or Export formats - so Had to retype last 50 Dives - but will be great if they also do a App can fill in on Ipad at Holiday Destination come home and sync to Computer..

Anyway Thanks for Suggestions
Mark

Thanks for Suggestions Guys
Dive Log manager look great But cannot justify spending that Much on a Log book , only to replace few bits Paper really and don't have interface for dive computers I have ,
Subsurface - yes found them by another Post Info , am using now they seem pretty Good just to fill in , Does not Support many different Import or Export formats - so Had to retype last 50 Dives - but will be great if they also do a App can fill in on Ipad at Holiday Destination come home and sync to Computer..

Anyway Thanks for Suggestions
Mark

Hi Mark,

very sad to hear that you had to retype so many dives.

Which format did you have them in? We're actually very interested in learning which other import formats we should support in Subsurface... we have UDDF, UDCF, MacDive, DivingLog export XML, Suunto DM3 and DM4. And we have already added a couple more for export (DLD for divelogs.de and UDDF). Some of these features are only in the latest development version - it'll be a month or so until we do the next release.
And interesting workaround for some of the formats that we don't support, yet, is to import your dives into divelogs.de (free account required), then export to DLD and import into Subsurface 3.0.2...

Let me know what you were looking for!

/D

Hi Dirkhh

No worries I had to retype in as I only put mainy , Name , depth and time anyway (was a working Instructor for years so didnt log last 3000+ dives anyway just started again last year with my Holiday Dives .
I had tried a couple Programs before and seems to have them in .sql .jib (which i think i imported from as only option) .pdf (not sure what program let me export to that But i know cannot import pdf's) and had a .udcf
think I tried importing these into other programs also and somewhere in my import and exporting lots of the Info had been lost -
But so far from all Programs I have found Just for a simple Logbook where I can actually MANUALLY fill in my dive's - yours seems the Best
I never bothered with Interface before as when I was working Instructor no time to do things like that and when you do 3-4 dives a day 6 days week Logging gets forgotten.

Only thing for people like me would be great is a Simple ipad app that I can manually Fill in on holiday then when return Home to my Computer (as only take ipad on Holiday) just sync/upload those holiday dives to the computer. There are a few ok Ipad Logbook apps but then how can i get that info from the ipad App's to my computer Logbook ? - does not seem a way so far.

Anyway Great job on the Subsurface
Cheers Mark

I have learn that nothing related to diving is free or cheap, usb download cables etc... So get the app and pay.

Subsurface is working on a companion app for their open source dive log application. From what I can tell it's a bit of a work in progress so far. I changed to using their application when I bought my new computer...so far it's been smooth sailing. Works well with my DG03.

Thanks for mentioning this one. Linus Torvalds a diver! Who would've thunk it! I used to keep up on this stuff, but got depressed. Happy again.

Mark,

Dive Log for iOS is not free. (We gotta eat too). It's $11.99 USD and is a universal app which means that it runs on both your iPhone/iPod Touch as well as your iPad, taking advantage of the different screen sizes inherent in each device. But even though it's not free, it does exactly what you are asking and was designed to work that way from the beginning. Enter you dive information manually on your iOS device while on site and while details are fresh in your mind or easily accessible (like the GPS location of the site and buddy information and conditions etc). Super simple interface to log the dive and you can be as quick or as long as you want to be. Then later, you sync to your desktop, optionally merge in your dive computer information, and sync back to the device.

Dive Log Manager is the desktop version and it's free. You only buy a license if you want to also edit on the desktop or download your dive computer. Dive Log has been in the iOS App store since December 2008 and we designed it for "disconnected" operation from the beginning. Places without internet and computers often have great diving! :)

Janice

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom