Recommendations for Miami December diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cowfish Aesthetic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be accompanying my wife on a business trip to Miami next month, and I've carved out a single morning for diving.

If you had only one day to dive, where would you go? I will have a car so Key Largo isn't out of the question, but if I can find good diving closer, I'd prefer it.

On a related note, will a 3mm wetsuit be enough for South Florida in December, or will I need more?

Last edited:
Personally, I would go to key largo. I much prefer the reefs out there. As a matter of fact, I live in Miami and usually only go diving in key largo. That being said, there are dives off of midnight and key Biscayne which are good too.

As far as wet suits go. I would recommend one for sure. I use a 3mm, but my girlfriend needs a 5mm. So it depends on you.

it's the ocean conditions that predict were we dive during the winter months......been pretty much a wash out over the last week...if the conditions are not favorable on the ocean you should consider the blue heron bridge dive.....

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom