recommendations on how to keep octo from dangling with a zeagle zena?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you have a zena as well? do you feel like after you clip everything theres alot of equipment infront of the vest? or is it cliped more off to the side, closer to our hips?

One of the first things I did with the D rings on the shoulder straps was to move them close to the vest instead of hanging at the end of the strap. Then I looped one of those silicone snorkel keepers through the D ring and put the mouthpiece of the octo through the other end. That keeps my octo tied up close to my body with only about a 3" dangle.

I looked for a picture, but I keep my arms crossed across my body when I dive, which blocks the view of my octo. Since I don't have my gear here, I can't take a picture for you either. :(

---------- Post Merged at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:14 PM ----------

jim, I bought my regulators from you. they are excellent. can you explain about the surgical tape a little more? thanks!

Get a piece of surgical tubing and two zip ties for your octo. Don't waste money on those other things. Affectionately known as scum balls. They accumulate lots of crap. For your SPG ties a bolt snap to it near the connection with the hose and clip it to your left hip D ring.

It's surgical tubing like they use on stethoscopes or high power slingshots. You can buy it at home depot. Make one small loop around your upper right d ring and zip tie it. take the other end and make a bigger loop that your octo's mouthpiece will just fit through if you stretch the loop a tad. Zip tie that. Done. Easy, cheap, and a foot of tubing that may run you a buck is enough for at least three octo holders. So eventually when the tubing gets weak from repeated exposure to sea water and sun and stretching you just make another one. There is no need to cover the mouthpiece or stick something inside of it. My next choice is you absolutely must spend more money that you need to is this:

Trident Silicone Octo Holder with Clip

Easy to move from BC to BC. If you rent this is a decent one to have handy.

Silicone snorkel keepers work but I always end up breaking them and having to look for another. Any Lowes or Home Depot will have tubing and zip ties. Or mug a heroin addict for his tubing once he passes out. You'll do him a favor by making it hard to find a vein.

View attachment 138982
I'm looking for pictures AND recommendations of the best way to keep my octo from touching or dangling on the bottom. i Just bought a Zeagle Zena and cant quite figure out how to clip my octo and spg up. A lot of my d rings are placed close together making it feel like i have all my equipment crossing each other right in front of me. Help please! thanks
Looking at the Zena on the Zeagle website, it looks like it has a nice pocket you could route a long hose under ( the way we route under a can light or big pocket). If so, you have a great long hose primary set up , and the alternate is then on a short hose bungeed to your neck, ready for you if you want it right under your chin.

There appears to be d rings by your hip where you could easily attach a bolt snap and pressure gauge.....You would want the pressure gauge to be just a gauge without boot, and then attach to bolt snap with either cave line or other easy to "break free" connection. I will look for a hyperlink or photo for you on this... Also, the hose should just come to around your waiste, you don't want a long pressure guage hose, or it will drag in the sand when you are low to the bottom, even when clipped.View attachment 138982

See http://www.globalunderwaterexplorer.../equipment/Config/true_bimini-sideprofile.jpg View attachment 138982
and see spg-clip2005.jpg

View attachment 138982
View attachment 138982

Back
Top Bottom