Recommendations: Sites for horn sharks in Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scanfield

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings!

I am a PhD student working on the California Horn Shark (Heterodontus francisci). I'd like to plan a trip to Mexico, but haven't been diving there before.

Those of you who have been diving off the Baja Peninsula: do you have any recommendations for sites where I might find these little critters? Preferably shallow (40 fsw) sites with reef structure/kelp.

I'm giving priority to sites between San Diego, CA and Bahia Tortugas. If I can hit two sites between those points (to close my current sampling gap), that would be fabulous!

Also, any advice re: diving in Mexico, as opposed to the US, is greatly appreciated! I'd like for things to go smoothly, and I'd prefer not to look like a total moron, haha!

This community has been wildly helpful for my adventures in CA, so you are among the first people I've thought to ask (outside of fellow researchers in MX)!

Many thanks,
Sean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom