Recommended Dive Clubs (AZ and Korea)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arnold.lee

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've only been diving for the past year, year and a half, but I've got a list of folks I'd recommend for diving.

1) Ft. Huachuca, AZ (Sierra Vista, AZ) - Eric Brooks, ProTech Scuba.

He dives in the Rocky Point/San Carlos, MX areas. Great diving in San Carlos...some of the best underwater life I've seen so far. He's a NAUI/SDI instructor and his shop is right off the post. He doesn't "cater" to the military, but he's good people. He's been diving down in the Cortez area for a long, long time, and you can tell. Great instructor, too.

2) South Korea - Areas I, III and III (and V) - Russ Krogh, Deep Blue Quest

He dives in the Sokju (sp?) and Busan areas...focuses on the east coast. Great instructor (PADI though...argh) and fluent in Korean. Former MP, and his dive trips are reasonably priced and meals/rooms are provided by him. Again, good people, and he's been diving in the region for the past...10 years? Mabye more? Knows pretty much everyone over here, and knowledgable. Lots of students, and he is more than happy to have some qualified divemasters to come and help.

I wish I had done some diving in Savannah...but I didn't, so I can't give you any tips around there.

After I get back from my next overseas deployment, I'm definitely moving back to the D.C. area and ETS'ing. Anyone have any suggestions in the Maryland region to dive with? Not really interested in SCUBA as an occupation, but it's a hell of a hobby and I'm going to keep diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom