Recommended dive operator - Ambergris Caye, Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove with them last year. Great boat & crew. Attentive DM's.
However, one morning they did show up to pick me up 10 minutes early and left me behind. I phoned the office. They sent another boat to pick me up. I missed the first dive & didn't get charged for the following dive.
Nice folks, great diving. There is no doubt I will dive with them on my next visit.
Have fun!!

Thanks for the information. What was the ratioof divers to DM? Thanks in advance for any more information.

Donna

Spent a week on AC end of September.
Stayed at San Pedro Holiday Hotel.
Dove with Chuck and Robbie's for three days (and nights) and did the Blue Hole with Amigos.
Great diving and few complaints, we will return.

I'm also planning a dive trip to Belize next month.
Any all inclusive package deal on Ambergris Caye?

I would like to know this also....ANY all-inclusives?

I'm not aware of any "all inclusives" around AC at prices ordinary mortals could afford (there is the nearby private island of Cayo Espanto, patronised by the mega rich). I'll do som eresearch and post back here.

I do know of "all inclusives" in other parts of Belize. The best I have personal knowledge of is the private island of Thatch Caye, just off Dangriga, a bit over half way down the country. Quite modest prices for what is a magnificent experience.

I'm not aware of any "all inclusives" around AC at prices ordinary mortals could afford (there is the nearby private island of Cayo Espanto, patronised by the mega rich). I'll do som eresearch and post back here.

I do know of "all inclusives" in other parts of Belize. The best I have personal knowledge of is the private island of Thatch Caye, just off Dangriga, a bit over half way down the country. Quite modest prices for what is a magnificent experience.

I'm rich in many ways just not when your talking about money!!

I've done some initial research and so far it's confirmed my view that there aren't any all-inclusive resorts on AC. Even the mega expensive Cayo Espanto doesn't give free activities, though all the hotel stuff is apparently included.

in other parts of Belize there is a small handful. Thatch Caye as I mentioned above, which includes all food, most drink and local activities (not the cost of mainland activities, though they will get you there). It seems that Coco Plum Resort (right next to Thatch Caye), Kanatik, & Hamanasi may also offer some degree of "all inclusive". I don't believe anywhere out on the atolls does, though I don't really know definitively.

That's the best I can do. If anyone gets to know about others in Belize (by the sea or inland) please post details.

Yes, in the sense that I'm no longer running it and it isn't operating. But I've agreed to sell it to a friend who'll be starting it up again some time soon, albeit in a slightly different location and run under a different ethos. Perhaps he'll be able to make a profit out of it, I know I couldn't.

So the strict answer is that no, it hasn't closed down, but it is temporarily closed. When it reopens I will have only peripheral association with it. I'll still do a bit of teaching when I feel like it, and my certifications will be under the name of Protech, but mainly I'll be doing something quite different.

The website will be radically updated over coming months, but for the time being I'm leaving it be.

I've done some initial research and so far it's confirmed my view that there aren't any all-inclusive resorts on AC. Even the mega expensive Cayo Espanto doesn't give free activities, though all the hotel stuff is apparently included.

in other parts of Belize there is a small handful. Thatch Caye as I mentioned above, which includes all food, most drink and local activities (not the cost of mainland activities, though they will get you there). It seems that Coco Plum Resort (right next to Thatch Caye), Kanatik, & Hamanasi may also offer some degree of "all inclusive". I don't believe anywhere out on the atolls does, though I don't really know definitively.

That's the best I can do. If anyone gets to know about others in Belize (by the sea or inland) please post details.

Peter, This thread is quite old but I will give you my experience for others to see. I was looking at splitting my vacation. 4 days on Turneffe at Turneffe Flats and 6 days at San Pero. As far as AI resort? Turneffe Flats has close to that, you pay for drinks and tips but thats it. But you pay upfront for the added dive package. But your right there on the best diving in Belize IMHO, Their prices were a bit high for my liking and with transportation time and all we decided to book on San Pedro for 10 days at the same cost of 4 days on Turneffe Flats. I will pay the extra for a day trip to Turneffe instead of staying on the Inland of Turneffe. There is 3 Operations I think on Turneffe, But quite pricey. But I think you would have an unbelievable diving experience. Peter, who are you with now on AC? We will be there in June.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom