Recommended Exposure Suit for Cenotes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The cenote tour dives are fairly short -- not more than about 45 minutes. I was fine in a 3 mil suit. A 5 mil should be fine, as I tend to be someone who gets cold VERY easily. If you chill easily, bring a hood.

Should you decide to bring your dry suit, I found a layer of drybase and a set of Polarfleece sweats was almost overkill for 60 to 75 minutes, so you'd probably be fine in just a base layer. (My buddy did Cave 1 in his shorts and T shirt. I don't know how he could stand the drysuit against his skin!)

Cenotes tem is 75 5ml is enough for ocean 79 3ml , i recommend to dive Dos Ojos , or deeper o more experience diver The Pit dive 130 ft you will see human bones , check Playa scuba dive center , check the videos in YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. playascuba videos .
see you under water

We did two dives without leaving the water one day--they just changed out our tanks from the edge of the basin. I was cool by the end in a 5mm Pinnacle, although I'm fairly thin. When I go back I'll probably take a hooded vest to add in the cenotes. The ocean was like bathwater by comparison in mid-October.

I checked last night, and my full length suit is actually only 3mil, not 5mil. Hmmm... not sure what to do now.

I don't tend to be a "cold" person (comes with diving in icy cold water normally!), so I very well may be okay even with just a 3mil.

I think what I'll do is bring both my wetsuit and drysuit and figure out when I'm there which I would prefer.

Thanks for all your help everybody!

Back
Top Bottom