Recommended Key Largo Facility for Open Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

quikcolin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there,

I'm currently enrolled in the SDI dive training program locally here in my hometown. I've recently completed the eLearning portion of my training, and have my pool sessions booked for mid Feb.

At the end of April me and a few of my friends are traveling to Key Largo Florida for a dive weekend. I will be completing my "Open Water" portion to complete my basic diver certification.

Question is this:

What facility do you recommend for my open water. Does everyone charge the same amount? How many dives will be required? I understand it doesn't "have to be" an SDI facility to instruct me on this open water dive... so I'm all ears.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Colin

I had a good time with Rainbow Reef Dive center.

Not sure if Allison is still there but she has a great rack and it gives you something to look at when she's going through all that boring dive table stuff that you'll probably never need.

Thanks very much for all your help guys.

We've decided to use Silent World Dive Center in Key Largo.

Fine. I see you disregarded my advice about Allison and her cleavage. I've dived with Silent World and they're friendly, professional, and competent however the only boobs I remember seeing was on one of the mates and that doesn't count because it was a dude.

LOL, lets just pray that there is a Hawaiian Tropics bikini girls tour bus parked outside silent world interested in learning how to dive when we arrive!!! hahaha

Thanks for your advice thou Steve!

LOL, lets just pray that there is a Hawaiian Tropics bikini girls tour bus parked outside silent world interested in learning how to dive when we arrive!!! hahaha

Thanks for your advice thou Steve!

I prefer not to leave such matters up to chance.

Fine. I see you disregarded my advice about Allison and her cleavage. I've dived with Silent World and they're friendly, professional, and competent however the only boobs I remember seeing was on one of the mates and that doesn't count because it was a dude.

There is always Woody's down the road (MM82). :)

After your dives with SW, enjoy your favorite beverage and a snack/meal at Shipwrecks, about 75 feet from the boats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom