Recommended New England Charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

7millimeter

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings people,

I've got the spring fever and I can't wait to go diving again! This gets me thinking about charters. What charter boats do you recommend? I'd love to hear any positive remarks about any charter in New England. I would especially like to hear about any that might not have any presence on the web.

I have been certified for 18 months, so I don't have a wealth of experience. I went out on the following New England charters in 2005:

1) Cape Ann Divers. Awesome and well-known. Best charter that I've been on.
2) Orbit Marine (Orbit Diver out of Bridgeport, CT). Shallow wreck dives near a lighthouse. Captain Noel is quite a character.
3) Captain Saam's (Silver Dolphin out of Norwalk, CT) Nice boat, nice captain. I went on a night lobster dive that was way fun.

As a sidebar, how about the Atlantis out of New London? Their schedule for 2006 is up on their website and it looks to be much more limited than last year. I tried to get out with them before and I wasn't able to get a space. They seem to have a lot of "tech" type dives and the more recreational ones appear to fill up quickly.

Thanks!

You should check out The Gauntlet out of salem,MA. It is run by Northern Atlantic Dive Expeditions. Heather and Dave are excellent !!

ericfine50:
You should check out The Gauntlet out of salem,MA. It is run by Northern Atlantic Dive Expeditions. Heather and Dave are excellent !!

Yes, thanks. I have seen their website (which is great, as I recall. Lots of good pictures, video and writing). I will have to check if they have any excursions for which I am qualified.

When I'm in the area, I have gone out with Cape Ann Divers. Its always been a positive experience.

Dave

MSilvia:
You might try Capt. Fran Marcoux too... Daybreaker is a great charter boat.

Thanks! Where are they located?

MSilvia:
You might try Capt. Fran Marcoux too... Daybreaker is a great charter boat.

You couldn't ask for a better boat. Fran is located at Cape Ann Marina, in back of the motel.

DepthCharge:
You couldn't ask for a better boat. Fran is located at Cape Ann Marina, in back of the motel.

Hmmm, I'm curious now! I'll look into it. Thanks DC!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom