Recreational diving is the Best

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divesherpa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
There is a simple recipe for making me a happy man:
Give me a sixty foot reef and an hour of bottom time per dive! Give me no decompression limit diving with happy people who either do or don't dive all the time.
Put me on a boat where nobody cares what gear you are using, they only care about sharing a beautiful day with fellow divers.

The last month has made the largest impression imaginable. I have had the opportunity to work with an awesome DM and Captain. I have had the opportunity to teach outstanding students. I have had the opportunity to meet and dive with several members of scubaboard. I have only seen 4 people unhappy. These folks seem to be unhappy all the time, but we tried to make them smile.

Few things in life are as rewarding as seeing someone with puke all over their face tell you that they can't wait to come back (picture it, BLAHH!!, "Let's do it again!!") That's an awesome moment. Oh, and the diving!! Let me just say that the diving is outstanding.

I don't have many friends from cave country who share this sentiment. Caves, in all actuality, are pretty boring. Reefs are teeming with life. Every moment on a section of reef leaves me yearning to get back to that same spot. Certain interactions need to be understood through observation.
Fish are pretty, but the dynamics of their interaction is the astounding part (to me).

I'm snorkelling tomorrow but I'll be out Friday and Saturday. I can't wait!

Will you be diving this weekend?a]

If not, decide when you will be diving and make a plan to have some fun, even if it's in a pool or a cold lake, a river or a warm reef!!! Dust off the gear, spring has sprung and summer is right around the corner.

It's worth the effort!!

Cheers and safe diving,
Jamie Rumph

Mike, this means you too :sunny

Yes...I think I will go diving this weekend. Its a cold lake, but the people are warm and friendly. It will be good.

Divesherpa:
Give me a sixty foot reef and an hour of bottom time per dive!

Personally I'm not that pickey. Give me a 20' quarry or a 140' reef, I'm happy either way.

Divesherpa:
Will you be diving this weekend?

If not, decide when you will be diving and make a plan to have some fun, even if it's in a pool or a cold lake, a river or a warm reef!!! Dust off the gear, spring has sprung and summer is right around the corner.

Sadly no. But I will be next weekend and I'm sure it will rank right up there.

Divesherpa:
There is a simple recipe for making me a happy man:
Give me a sixty foot reef and an hour of bottom time per dive! Give me no decompression limit diving with happy people who either do or don't dive all the time.
Put me on a boat where nobody cares what gear you are using, they only care about sharing a beautiful day with fellow divers.

The last month has made the largest impression imaginable. I have had the opportunity to work with an awesome DM and Captain. I have had the opportunity to teach outstanding students. I have had the opportunity to meet and dive with several members of scubaboard. I have only seen 4 people unhappy. These folks seem to be unhappy all the time, but we tried to make them smile.

Few things in life are as rewarding as seeing someone with puke all over their face tell you that they can't wait to come back (picture it, BLAHH!!, "Let's do it again!!") That's an awesome moment. Oh, and the diving!! Let me just say that the diving is outstanding.

I don't have many friends from cave country who share this sentiment. Caves, in all actuality, are pretty boring. Reefs are teeming with life. Every moment on a section of reef leaves me yearning to get back to that same spot. Certain interactions need to be understood through observation.
Fish are pretty, but the dynamics of their interaction is the astounding part (to me).

I'm snorkelling tomorrow but I'll be out Friday and Saturday. I can't wait!

Will you be diving this weekend?a]

It's worth the effort!!

Cheers and safe diving,
Jamie Rumph

Mike, this means you too :sunny

Jamie - very nicely put. I also look forward to the next day of diving. Cheers. :D

It sounds like you're liking your new job!

I'm knd of in the mood for a sixty foot reef but too but I have this sudden urge to defend caves. LOL

monterey this sat. cold cold cold, but fun fun fun.....

sad, sad day. When i read post like this i want to move to fla. my next trip will be in july to the keys. but on saturday i am playing underwater texas hold'em.:)

MikeFerrara:
It sounds like you're liking your new job!

I'm knd of in the mood for a sixty foot reef but too but I have this sudden urge to defend caves. LOL

Yes I am!

As for cave defense, dive what you have!! I spent a few minutes in a cave a time or two also. Give the choice, I'll take the boat ride and the nice people to dive with. Not anywhere near as much testosterone on a dive boat as in a Ginnie parking lot!

To all who are going diving: Hip Hip Hooray!

Have an awesome dive when you jump in!

I know I will!

Back
Top Bottom