Recreational Trimix classes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MHK once bubbled...

I think you missed my point..

Fair enough.

You and I need to talk about...

narcT once bubbled...

Last time I said I dive EAN 32 at 130 all the time I was called a Troll. So I won't say that again! Ok, so lets say I use EAN 30.

I'm using Deco Planner 2.0.49 from GUE (whoever that is:) ).
Your using a 30/30 mix, I thought Triox was 21/35? That would make a little difference for sure:wink: Using 30/30 is definitly closer, 120ft for 15 minutes 4 minute deco rather than 10 minutes on 21/35 and 3 minutes on nitrox 30.

Question, how much does it cost for an AL80 with Triox 30/30 v. just plain ol Nitrox 30?

Never mind I found it. Your right they do use a 30/30 mix for the rec class. My bad:D

narcT once bubbled...

Never mind I found it. Your right they do use a 30/30 mix for the rec class. My bad:D

OK now I know why nobody would answer my question!

Called the LDS and a 30/30 mix is $35 for an AL80<<-- OUCH!
Nitrox 32 is only $10...I'll pass on shallow dives (130 or less).

narcT once bubbled...

OK now I know why nobody would answer my question!

Called the LDS and a 30/30 mix is $35 for an AL80<<-- OUCH!
Nitrox 32 is only $10...I'll pass on shallow dives (130 or less).

That is extremely expensive. Our LDS charges $16 for an AL 80 of 30/30..

Also, in our classes we teach you how to blend and what we've found is that many of our students go on to buy their own T or H bottles of Helium and a transfill whip, do there own Helium fills and save a fair amount of money.. $35 for 30/30 is a bit much

Regards

Wow thats cheap!

I still think 30/30 is a lot of He for shallow diving:)

Why not 30/20?

Or 27/17, thats good to 150:D

narcT once bubbled...
Why not 30/20?

Or 27/17, thats good to 150:D
27/17 is not good to 150. It's good to 130... and really, it would be best not to take it below 120 or so.

As far as the helium level, it is true that 30/30 gives you an END well above 100ft, but there are physiological advantages that you don't get from helium when the level is below 30%.

Other than cost, there's no drawback.

RichLockyer once bubbled...

27/17 is not good to 150. It's good to 130... and really, it would be best not to take it below 120 or so.

As far as the helium level, it is true that 30/30 gives you an END well above 100ft, but there are physiological advantages that you don't get from helium when the level is below 30%.

If you are easily confused, then there's a big drawback to using multiple mixtures. :)

Seriously, there is an advantage to diving just a few selected standard mixes, particularly if you are calculating NDL on-the-fly in your head.

Charlie99 once bubbled...
If you are easily confused, then there's a big drawback to using multiple mixtures. :)

Seriously, there is an advantage to diving just a few selected standard mixes, particularly if you are calculating NDL on-the-fly in your head.
Absolutely... it's really nice ALWAYS knowing what your MOD is without having to calculate it for every dive plan.

Well I'm a bit more clearer now - thanks for the URL for the new IANTD standards that's useful.

I've heard a lot about the 30% point for He, but cannot find much supporting info. Also it appears that NAUI use a 17% mix.

What's the thinking behind this?

Chris.

RichLockyer once bubbled...

Why can't you dive 27/17 at 150 ft? PPO2 is only 1.5:confused:

I'm not being a smart a*%, but what are the physiological advantages of using such a high level of helium rather than say 17?

Or should I just shutup and take a trimix class:D

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom