Recsea S95 Tray and Grip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can buy a stainless steel cap screw the same thread size and length. That way you are using either a Torx or Allen head to drive the little screw.

Mine came with a Philips screw. Was not that big an issue. The cap screw was just a nicer touch. It was like 20 cents at my local hardware.

Yes, I think we all can agree that the price is outrageous. But . . . it is what it is. :D

Ditto what he said. It is not required to tighten the little screw that much anyways.

N

durwin am i being dense in asking why you need to have the washers like you have shown in the picture, having the tray that way round the lip is on the bottom and thus away from the door.

thanks for the pics tho.

The "cheap plastic" is called Delrin and it is not generally considered cheap.

I am currently using the Dyron 67mm adapter with the 10Bar AD to 67mm adapter threaded into it. Since they too are both made of Delrin I am not sure I gained anything over the Delrin FIX pieces other than they are much cheaper in price and similar quality.

Frankly, I have had no issues with the Delrin plastic FIX three piece 67mm mount other than price. With it I also use the 10Bar adapter for my Inon AD lenses. I do not use the Dyron or the FIX 28AD mounts as I believe they do not work as well as what I am doing, my opinion.

N

Sorry Nemrod but why do you think the Dyron AD mount doesn't do as good a job as the your setup?

Um, I'm not sure anyone actually told me to put the washers that way, however without them, the tray screw holes (or gaps) won't physically match the screw holes on the housing with the lip facing up, the lip just gets in the way (I actually don't know what the lip is for...!) It would work if the tray was flipped over, and this has been suggested elsewhere, but I also read the post where someone thought maybe the tray was pushing against the rear door of the housing and causing a leak. So, I just thought I would isolate the tray from the housing by putting the washers that way around. I didn't have any problems over 14 dives last months... In fact, I just tried it with the tray against the housing and the washers on the other (screw) side and I don't like it so much, the housing sits a little too low now for my fingers to comfortably reach easily, so I will stick with my method, which adds about a third of an inch to the height of the housing.
-Durwin

thanks durwin. ive made the decision to order the two hole try, lucky i havent used the one you have yet, so they happy to change it. underwater photography is so much of a challenge certainly more than topside, as even the equipment gts more complicated...but mayb thats one of the appeals to it ?

Sorry Nemrod but why do you think the Dyron AD mount doesn't do as good a job as the your setup?

Because it is NOT an "AD" mount but is instead a "28AD" mount. So is the FIX (three piece ) "AD" adapter. if you look in the catalogs, they are in fact "28AD".

My set up places an actual AD bayonet lens at the optimal distance from the port without touching the port glass nor being to far from the port. Others can say and do as they wish, since I do not have a Dyron 28AD mount to test I will just stick with what I have found true with other 28AD mounts when an AD lens is mounted in them.

Yes, Georgia, there are 28AD and AD and they are not the same, consult your local, friendly Inon website for further info.

If what you are doing works for you, then by all means continue doing it, that is what I do. :wink:

I am in a contrary mood these days.

N

Because it is NOT an "AD" mount but is instead a "28AD" mount. So is the FIX (three piece ) "AD" adapter. if you look in the catalogs, they are in fact "28AD".

My set up places an actual AD bayonet lens at the optimal distance from the port without touching the port glass nor being to far from the port. Others can say and do as they wish, since I do not have a Dyron 28AD mount to test I will just stick with what I have found true with other 28AD mounts when an AD lens is mounted in them

N

That last part is sig-worthy! :D

The Dyron, I think it is a three piece unit similar to the FIX 28AD port kit. Like since so many things from Dyron there are no clear photos or description of the product and I really have no idea what it is or why it is. Beats me, when you go down this rabbit hole of adapter-ology, it can get complicated and sometimes you just have to go with something and hope it works.

Dyron 28AD quick mount adapter for Recsea S95 or FIX S90 | Bluewater Photo & Video

The Recsea housing is a great housing, it’s $799. The AD mount is $89, and shipping is $19, so the total is $907.

FYI - we have the AD adapter in, so we’ll be shipping this out today.

That's the wording and price from Bluewater Photo during my purchasing emails. I had been asking about the FIX AD(?) in repeated previous emails, actually typing "28AD" in my first email to Bluewater. We also discussed the fact that I have AD lenses, not the 28AD lens. I thought they kind of dragged their feet, but it is possible they were just waiting on the new, right product.

I did not know the "manufacturer" until the one-piece Dryon AD(?) Adapter arrived at my door. It was packaged in a Dryon box, labeled FIX-S90 M67 Adapter, with hand written in blue ink; "AD Adapter for Steve H." In the box is a 4" x 8" "Dryon flier" French on one side, English on the other (folded in half) but no information on the adapter itself. Looking at the adapter itself, there is a small triangle/pointer for TDC I think; no other markings whatsoever. :idk:

I do have to crop or zoom with the UFL-165AD and the UWL-105AD, so it really is moot.

:eyebrow:

halemanō;5833170:
That last part is sig-worthy! :D

Dyron 28AD quick mount adapter for Recsea S95 or FIX S90 | Bluewater Photo & Video

That's the wording and price from Bluewater Photo during my purchasing emails. I had been asking about the FIX AD(?) in repeated previous emails, actually typing "28AD" in my first email to Bluewater. We also discussed the fact that I have AD lenses, not the 28AD lens. I thought they kind of dragged their feet, but it is possible they were just waiting on the new, right product.

I did not know the "manufacturer" until the one-piece Dryon AD(?) Adapter arrived at my door. It was packaged in a Dryon box, labeled FIX-S90 M67 Adapter, with hand written in blue ink; "AD Adapter for Steve H." In the box is a 4" x 8" "Dryon flier" French on one side, English on the other (folded in half) but no information on the adapter itself. Looking at the adapter itself, there is a small triangle/pointer for TDC I think; no other markings whatsoever. :idk:

I do have to crop or zoom with the UFL-165AD and the UWL-105AD, so it really is moot.

:eyebrow:

I think maybe I try to order one, could you provide photos of it Halemano and the other bits needed, when you get an opportunity, no hurry.

The 28AD and AD use the same bayonet but the fore and aft mounting distance is slightly different. The 28AD is actually shorter but last I had one in my hand I failed to measure it other than noting that it was in fact different.

More than one way to skin a cat. Thanks for the info.

N

My set up places an actual AD bayonet lens at the optimal distance from the port without touching the port glass nor being to far from the port. Others can say and do as they wish, since I do not have a Dyron 28AD mount to test I will just stick with what I have found true with other 28AD mounts when an AD lens is mounted in them.

Yes, Georgia, there are 28AD and AD and they are not the same, consult your local, friendly Inon website for further info.

If what you are doing works for you, then by all means continue doing it, that is what I do. :wink:

N

Sorry I obviously missed the point regarding the different AD mounts. I'll do a bit more reading

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom