Recurring online dive show...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squalus357

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I hope this is where we should be posting...We are an online dive show. We film just about every dive we do and we do a lot. Mostly in The Long Island Sound but we also dive out of town. Here is a link to our latest episode in North Carolina!

THE TITAN, our first dive video from our trip to North Carolina! She's a big 100 foot long tugboat with a lot of history! (Helped build The Panama Canal! google it!) Click the link below to dive the wreck with us!

Squalus Marine: THE TITAN, TUG BOAT SHIPWRECK NORTH CAROLINA

We try to reach a younger generation of potential divers. We all know the sport is lacking those youngsters. We are trying to use the iPads, the iphones and the computers to reach them.

Our website is Squalus Marine. (be sure and click the full video archive)

We sell nothing we just try to get people interested. :)

Hope that you enjoy diving with us.

Captain Denis

Screen Shot 2013-04-29 at 9.02.07 PM.jpg

Hi. Jay here. I was just cert via Noel at Orbits. Searching around for LIS videos and found your shows. AWAESOME!

Thank you and please keep it up.

Still need to buy regs and tanks and then I'll be diving all over the Sound and RI with GO Pro in hand.

I had a few friends come with me to get cert as well as taking another friends 2 teens. They had a great time. Everyone is ready to get back under water ASAP.

Are there any local dive groups around Milford, Stratford, BPT, and so on?

Thank you so much for your support! We have been filming for a little over a year and have about 45 videos so far. Here is a dive in Milford's Charles Island.

Squalus Marine: CHARLES ISLAND, MILFORD CONNECTICUT! CURSED!

We are planning to film Middle Ground Light Stratford shoals very soon. So make sure you check back so you don't miss anything! Next month we are filming in Bar Harbor Maine and Montauk NY.

Look for us on Facebook too. Squalus Marine Divers!

Lots of pictures and videos there too.

Talk soon,

Captain Denis

I always wanted to dive Middle Ground. I look forward to seeing your video from there.

I see that you are from Long Island. We had such wonderful conditions on monday, that we shot across the sound to Port Jefferson. People have been asking us film inside Port jeff Harbor. Theres an old pier on the eastern side of the harbor. We dove it to illustrate to non divers that there are all kinds of things to find where people used to hang out. We recovered over 20 bottles. Nothing old but its cool to recover things and we helped clean up the harbor I guess. The viz was OK lots of silt and current, and in working in between the pilings I had to be pretty negative. We then took a ride out at slack and dove Crane Neck Point really quick before we went home. What a difference it in the vis! Was easily 15 feet. Those two videos will be out in august. Thanks for checking us out Rich! Here is a picture of the bottles from Port Jeffersons old Pier.

1003018_650112008335030_672437816_n.jpg

I have dove that pier, Crane Neck and the west jetty at the entrance to the harbor. I do a lot of kayak diving along the north shore. You should check out the artificial reef in Smithtown bay as well if you get the chance.

Hey Rich, thank you so much for the info on the Smithtown Bay site. We will definitely be doing that very soon. We would love to film more sites on the north shore. The issue is we have no local knowledge of that part of the world. So its great when people suggest locations like that. Here is the video of the pier dive in PJ. Its was fun to collect some stuff and the non divers that watch us on youtube dig seeing it.

enjoy!

Squalus Marine: PORT JEFFERSON NEW YORK! OLD PIER DIVE!

Let me know when you are diving Smithtown bay and I will meet you out there if I am available that day. Another site you could check out is Target Rock on the north east corner of Lloyd Neck. The British used it for target practice and people have found cannon balls and old bottles in the area.

I saw your posting last week and checked out some of your videos. Really well done, nicely edited and good camera work (It can be hard to make the sound look photogenic...) you also have a very good style of narration, sounds very natural. I learned to dive in the sound and the Bridgeport breakwater certainly brought back some memories.

Have you been out on the Celtic yet? I dove the wreck in the 1986 a little under two years after she sank. It was a really nice dive. We had about 20 ft visibility and since she is only about 60-80 fsw. not a particularly rough dive.

The thing that impressed me most about her was when I went down to check out the size of her propeller. I grew up on the sound and seen tugs towing barges all my life. We used to rush to the bow of my parent's sailboat whenever we came across a tug wake. But seeing how massive the props actually were on a tug was really cool.

I am still in CT. I live in Hamden and my folks still live down in Wilton (my dad had to give up sailing about 15 years ago).

Hey Rich, thank you so much for the compliments. I really appreciate it. I do the best I can with what i have. I grew up on the sound and love it. I have been doing the dive show thing for a little over a year. It makes me happy and although I get a little flak from divers about being shallow and doing lighthouses etc. I love when people who don't dive react. It give everyone a chance to see what its like. The fishermen go nuts when there are fish in the videos too. I am planning to dive the Celtic very soon. We did a series last week in norwalk. A few lighthouses and a reef that supposedly had a wreck on it. (Did find something cool there.) If you would like to see a side scan sonar of the Celtic feel free to check out our sonar page.

Squalus Marine: SONAR IMAGES

When we film the wreck we will link it to the sonar image on that page like the other wrecks and images.

We are diving all the time and will continue to film. We hope it will make an impact on people and encourage them to get certified. We try to show that diving is possible locally and The Sound isn't as bad as people think.

Again, thank you so much for your support.

Captain Denis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom