Red Filters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there a specific red gel everyone uses? I assume there is some brand/numbering system. I would like a filter for outside but will have to figure out how to mount to a GoPro housing.

So you're going to design a removable red filter for your Go Pro. I like your spirit. For video in natural light at 20-60 feet, you won't be sorry. The flip filter in my Seatool housing, as well as the filter in under water's link above, has a slightly orange cast to it. This is correct.

In the world of professional gels, both Lee and Rosco have their own numbering system. A Roscolux 25 or Lee 164 are on the right track but possibly a bit too yellow. The great thing about the GoPro is that a gel from a swatch book, which is usually free, is probably big enough to do the trick for you without even buying an actual sheet. So if you can get your hands on a swatch book you can pick out your reddish-orange gel and you're good to go :)

Back
Top Bottom