Red Sail Sports Offers - Back to the 80s - Sale Prices for Dive Packages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dug out the old log books. In 1982 a two tank boat dive was$37.50. It also included a complimentary small tuborg beer between dives. Can anyone guess the op? A single tank boat cost $15.00 in 1979.

Bob Soto?

Good guess but no. In that time frame I did dive with bob Soto a couple times. They had the big wooden landing craft dive boat that would pick you up on the beach.

I dug out the old log books. In 1982 a two tank boat dive was$37.50. It also included a complimentary small tuborg beer between dives. Can anyone guess the op? A single tank boat cost $15.00 in 1979.

Don Foster's, I think they were new in 1982

Both also good guesses, but still a no. The business by name is still in operation. Was and may still be a six pack type boat operation. We dove where the Capt wanted to dive and never a bad dive.

On another note, having gone through sections of the old dive books I was surprised to see that most of our deep dives on the 1st of 2 were deco dives. Thinking about it more though that makes sense as we were diving tables with watches. No computers. So 115ft at say 20-25 mins required deco stops.

Was it Cayman Turtle Divers? Have they been around that long?

Both also good guess but no. Capt Butch and Seasports. If I remember correctly he was a retired pilot and avid diver. We did some great diving in the early 80s.

I like 80s style prices, but I can't go back to wearing a mullet. Not even for those prices.

Pat-Sharp%E2%80%99s-Mullet.jpg

yikes! your a brave man for posting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom