Red Sea facts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weightless Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Looking to dive the Red Sea probably summer of 2024. Also want to do some land tours. Any advice appreciated. Would do for 2 to 3 weeks. Liveaboard and/or land based okay.

Start off on a liveaboard and Then end up in Dahab for a chilled final week shore diving and enjoy the relaxed nighttime vibes.

Looking to dive the Red Sea probably summer of 2024. Also want to do some land tours. Any advice appreciated. Would do for 2 to 3 weeks. Liveaboard and/or land based okay.
Have you been to Egypt before and seen the land based attractions, pyramids etc? If not i'd dedicate a week to that. Was there in September and did several days land and then a Nile cruise on Nour el Nil (amazing, fantastic....) and then a week diving the South. TBH unles it's drastically better north, I wouldn't want to dive more than a week there. Dove Dahab in the late 90s, was a hippie town with a couple good shore dives back then

From 2014-2016, my wife and I lived in Basel, Switzerland. In early 2016 we spent 2 weeks in Cairo and on the Nile between Luxor and Aswan. We did a fantastic day trip to Abu Simbel. Later in the year, I did 2 weeks on the Red Sea. BDE and the south, St Johns Trip Report - Red Sea Aggressor April-May 2016

1674598187455.png

1674598214667.png

1674598249638.png

1674598292108.png

We have a group going in October on what will be an almost brand new Scuba Scene, booked through All Star Liveaboards.
Pretty much left the extra tours in the hands of All Star Liveaboards...
Week one will be diving the BDE route in the Red Sea.
Once off the liveaboard, we fly from Hurghada to Luxor and board the M/Y Salima for a Nile cruise upriver to Aswan.
Then we fly from Aswan to Cairo for a few days of touring Cairo and Giza.
Can't wait! I am looking forward to this trip!

We had booked the trip prior to the original Scuba Scene catching fire, so we have been intently following the replacement vessels and the construction of the new boat.

We do a couple of days of shore diving in Sharm. Then we do a weeklong safari liveaboard. Next is a week in Dahab. Last is a couple of days in Cairo.

In Cairo, we do the pyramids, a dinner riverboat cruise (can't miss that), and then the museums. We did the original museum the first time in 2019 and the mummies and museum of egyptian civilization the third time in 2022. We want to see the new Grand Egyptian Museum this year, but it might not be open in time.

The displays in the original museum in 2019 were just mind blowing.

We do a couple of days of shore diving in Sharm. Then we do a weeklong safari liveaboard. Next is a week in Dahab. Last is a couple of days in Cairo.

In Cairo, we do the pyramids, a dinner riverboat cruise (can't miss that), and then the museums. We did the original museum the first time in 2019 and the mummies and museum of egyptian civilization the third time in 2022. We want to see the new Grand Egyptian Museum this year, but it might not be open in time.

The displays in the original museum in 2019 were just mind blowing.

Probably the nicest option : 1 week liveaboard + 1 week visiting Luxor, Cairo, Alexandria...

Following, and I'll be looking at prior conversations about Egypt/Red Sea. This topic is exactly what I'm researching now for a trip summer or early fall '24.

We just did 5 days in Port Ghalib with three days diving on day boats. We then did a weeks safari to Daedalus, Elphinstone and Fury Shoal. Both were fantastic, but for somebody who has not done the culture, I would highly recommend it. A couple of days in Cairo of possible and also a Nile Cruise with visits to the usual temples would be brilliant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom