Red Sea Liveabord - Fleet Comparison

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i would bring some sriracha or sambal as the breakfasts were fairly bland. definitely the one area the vision was better.

What's up with underseasoned food on Egyptian liveaboards? Okay, I admit I have only one experience--Aggressor--but on my trip so many of us were slathering our food with hot sauce and black pepper to add some spice. I loved the flavor-packed Egyptian breakfasts at the hotel, with flatbread, fool, white cheese, green chiles, tahina, and all the hot chile powder you could handle. But on the boat it was bland, generic "international" cooking. Do they think we westerners don't like their food? I suppose food is a major reason why I love Indonesia.

emperor and blue o2 are both british i believe with a large proportion of customers from the uk and europe, conclude what you will

@Lorenzoid maybe they are worried about sensitive stomachs and wetsuit accidents? New bacteria plus rich foods......:D that plus the ocean and water around you for so long don’t quite go hand in hand....

@runsongas I’m with ya.

@Lorenzoid maybe they are worried about sensitive stomachs and wetsuit accidents? New bacteria plus rich foods......:D that plus the ocean and water around you for so long don’t quite go hand in hand....

No doubt. I'm glad the Indonesians don't "worry" so much about their clients. Give me that sambal and let me deal with it. :)

Hello there!

I have dived with Blue O Two several times and was just with Emperor Asmaa last Nov on the South and St John itinerary out of Port Ghalib.

• The Blue O Two boats tends to be newer and cleaner. Emperor Asmaa feels a bit run down in comparison
  • Food wise, I found Emperor Asmaa's food to be tastier but lower in quantity. Blue O Two though is more generous, does not taste as good
  • Emperor Asmaa comes with a bottle of free red wine per table (boxed wine) while are alcohol are chargeable on Blue O Two.
With the troubles in Egypt, Blue O Two now only has 2 boats in the Red Sea (it used to be 4) so spaces on Blue O Two might be hard to come by. And yes, Blue O Two caters mostly to the UK market while Emperor tends to be within Europe.

Best food I’ve had have been on budget liveaboards. Simple dishes, grilled fish with rice and vegetables.
Went with a Blue O2 ship this fall for the first time and they keep a high standard. Good people. Emperor also a genuine and good offer. Agree that food is good but sometimes lack something... Other ones on par would be Sinai Divers inmo.
Best boat ... still have to say MV Royal Evolution. Another level. More expensive though. And I think they only sail in Egypt during the summer months (which inme also generally provide the best diving conditions).

Not seeing any prices on these two websites, and the link to spyrodream.com is dead, so not sure what you're trying here...

Not trying anything, just telling you that lower prices exist...

You'll have to phone or mail them to obtain a price offer, and you could be surprised.

(I know both of them, but not interested in their business)

I agree with the "you get what you pay for" but what is important for a diver ? Diving or having a jacuzzi onboard ?

What's up with underseasoned food on Egyptian liveaboards? Okay, I admit I have only one experience--Aggressor--but on my trip so many of us were slathering our food with hot sauce and black pepper to add some spice. I loved the flavor-packed Egyptian breakfasts at the hotel, with flatbread, fool, white cheese, green chiles, tahina, and all the hot chile powder you could handle. But on the boat it was bland, generic "international" cooking. Do they think we westerners don't like their food? I suppose food is a major reason why I love Indonesia.

Right.
I usually buy some 'chattah hamra' (red chili, sold in powder) in an egyptian shop before being onboard...
And you may always go to the kitchen and speak with the chef about it...

@Lorenzoid : you may also eat with the crew, you'll have egyptian food and the respect of the crew
(but your wife will hate you :acclaim:)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom