Redang - Ruined?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kywash, how was the viz? 20m? 30m?

I'm under the impression that we can get really good viz in Redang. Thus far, my dives in Tioman and Sipadan had poor viz, at least not to what I wanted.

Was thinking of doing Redang soon, but my buddy got the better of me. We're going to Tioman instead, next week!

Just got back from Redang. Stayed at Kalong and to my opinion it's the best of the lot. Not sure about Berjaya tho. Vis generally is about 20-25m but on some occasion it drops to between 10-15m. A lot of washed up coral but we didn't dive around the shore area. Only once we had medium current throughout the 4 days there. We did see a few turtles around but was told they're getting less.

Was diving redang end of last season, viz was great sites were great could not fault it. but if you get chance go to the perhentians, great diving viz is usually less but the sites are awesome.

Planning to dive Redang in June. Can't wait.

2 weeks ago I was diving in Tioman ie: Chebeh, Salang Wreck and Malang Rock. The viz was great, 15-20m and my photos turned out really nice. I guess you guys have to wait a bit before I upload my photos :)

Manta
Stop telling everybody about Perenthian, it will become crowded.
Really its a terrible place, overcrowded, man eating great white's :jaws: at every dive site, food you could die for, NoNo I meant will kill you.

That's very funny. But I thought Redang beaches are the best-est, HAHA. But *maybe* Perhentian makes it up with its offshore islands like Susu Dara or Tokong Burung which have amazing viz.

ok.. no more Perhentian. :p Have you heard of Dayang? 4 hours boat from Mersing.. somewhere near to Tioman. If you want to see big fishes.. there's the good place to go.

Back
Top Bottom