Redondo Washington 3/28/2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the PADI training system, the first OW dive is just that...A fun tour dive with no skills allowed period, and a maximum depth of 40 feet. Especially in cold water its good to get students swimming around adjusting to the difference between the pool and cold water and extra equipment complexities. Also you practice partial and complete mask flood and clears on dives 2 and 3 with the mask removal saved for the last dive, which gives ample time to adjust to water condidtions.

In the PADI training system, the first OW dive is just that...A fun tour dive with no skills allowed period, and a maximum depth of 40 feet. Especially in cold water its good to get students swimming around adjusting to the difference between the pool and cold water and extra equipment complexities. Also you practice partial and complete mask flood and clears on dives 2 and 3 with the mask removal saved for the last dive, which gives ample time to adjust to water condidtions.

That would have been much better!

Any up to date news on this diver?
She is expected to make a full recovery with no permanent injuries.

In this case, the the couple were with an Assistant Instructor. It has never been said as to what dive she was doing in her Open Water class. As myself being an Assistant Instructor, I myself have to agree with an earlier post that this depth is too deep for this class. Just because it is recommended that 60 feet is the max depth for an open water diver you don't go that deep right away. Especially here in Puget Sound you should gradually achieve the max depth recommended for your certification.

Just because it is recommended that 60 feet is the max depth for an open water diver you don't go that deep right away. Especially here in Puget Sound you should gradually achieve the max depth recommended for your certification.

Is it? I was told that with SSI on ther 2nd dive it is 40'

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom