Reef Club Cozumel right now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lawman

Reaction score
Wait! Don't switch this to the Cozumel forum! I've already posted there and I'm not getting any results. I need info right now about Reef Club. I'm supposed to get there on Saturday but the reviews I'm reading are that it's a dump. Most of them are old reviews and they are mixed...some people like it and some think it should be burned down. Can anyone give me some info about the way it is right now...January 9, 2007
as to beach, food, construction, health/food problems, sewage smells, water in rooms, etc.? If it's bad I'll cancel today. If it's OK than I'll take my chances.

Doc, give it to me straight.

I have not been there, but I always check out my hotels or resorts at www.tripadvisor.com before I book a room. I checked out the Reef Club and there are eight reviews since January 1st. None of them look very good. But your should read them for yourself. Good luck.

Lawman:
Wait! Don't switch this to the Cozumel forum! I've already posted there and I'm not getting any results. I need info right now about Reef Club. I'm supposed to get there on Saturday but the reviews I'm reading are that it's a dump. Most of them are old reviews and they are mixed...some people like it and some think it should be burned down. Can anyone give me some info about the way it is right now...January 9, 2007
as to beach, food, construction, health/food problems, sewage smells, water in rooms, etc.? If it's bad I'll cancel today. If it's OK than I'll take my chances.

Doc, give it to me straight.

I was down Dec. 29 -Jan 4 and when passing by on the boat it was anything but a dump. I did not however, have a chance to put my feet on the ground there. Go to cozumelmycozumel website. Carie Sutton or some of the local folks may be able to give you a true account of what they're actually doing there.

i stayed the reef club coz and its great whomever sayed it was a dump is wrong and I went there right after the hurricane. the diving saelife is not there thou anymore they said its going to take about three years for the aquatic life to come back in full force

we did a surface interval at the sand dollar pier and i took a walk towards the hotel. The grounds look very nice and they have beautiful beach. I can't speak for the food or service but I can tell you that it doesnt look anything like a dump.

I think part of the problem is with expectations. If you are looking for a "Sandals" type resort, there isn't one in Mexico! Its all in how you look at it. Some people want perfection but don't want to pay for it, then they trash the place on the internet. Hey, its the real world folks, you get what you pay for.

I have been to Cozumel 5 times and loved it every time. I have not stayed at Reef Club, but I know people who have and thought it was nice. Not perfect, but it is Mexico, enjoy.

Just my 2cents.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom