Reef scuba reel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M-diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I happened to get a used reef scuba reel that I planned to use for my advanced wreck class. I used my other reel for practicing and (my mistake) first time to use it was on a real wreck. Bottom line, the line got jammed, trying to fix it made the whole reel to come apart and I had to put it back together while inside the wreck searching for parts in the silt. Unfortunately fixing it underwater didn't work well and I found myself doing it again two more times (small parts probably got lost first time it fell apart). Couldn't complete laying the line and only got points for work under stress :( Needless to say I was quite unhappy and ready to toss the reel overboard on our way back.

The boat captain suggested to contact the manufacturer as they warrant their reels for lifetime. I was quite sceptic since i knew my reel was old but I did call them. To my pleasant surprise I got friendly chat with the rep and he asked me to send it in with a payment only for the return postage. In less than a week I got the reel back, completely rebuilt and working nice and smooth. As a nice touch they attached few spare parts in a baggy and put a sticker with my name on the reel. This is one of those great experiences of an awesome customer service and a company that stands behind its products. Thought it is worth to share with the community

I happened to get a used reef scuba reel that I planned to use for my advanced wreck class. I used my other reel for practicing and (my mistake) first time to use it was on a real wreck. Bottom line, the line got jammed, trying to fix it made the whole reel to come apart and I had to put it back together while inside the wreck searching for parts in the silt. Unfortunately fixing it underwater didn't work well and I found myself doing it again two more times (small parts probably got lost first time it fell apart). Couldn't complete laying the line and only got points for work under stress :( Needless to say I was quite unhappy and ready to toss the reel overboard on our way back.

The boat captain suggested to contact the manufacturer as they warrant their reels for lifetime. I was quite sceptic since i knew my reel was old but I did call them. To my pleasant surprise I got friendly chat with the rep and he asked me to send it in with a payment only for the return postage. In less than a week I got the reel back, completely rebuilt and working nice and smooth. As a nice touch they attached few spare parts in a baggy and put a sticker with my name on the reel. This is one of those great experiences of an awesome customer service and a company that stands behind its products. Thought it is worth to share with the community
Thats impressive

Very

In less than a week I got the reel back, completely rebuilt and working nice and smooth. As a nice touch they attached few spare parts in a baggy and put a sticker with my name on the reel. This is one of those great experiences of an awesome customer service and a company that stands behind its products.
Great post, thanks for letting others know of the experience.

I am not at all surprised - Reef Scuba is a first class outfit - small, focused, good product line, very helpful customer service. I buy all my stainless steel hardware, bungee cord, cave line, etc. from them.

Back
Top Bottom