Referral Dives Isla Mujeres

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jen B.

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, We are heading to Isla Mujeres, and our kids will be doing their referral dives down there to complete their OWD cert. We are looking at Carey Divers and Mundaca divers. Does anyone have personal experience with either? Or a shop you really recommend? Thanks for any info!

Hello, We are heading to Isla Mujeres, and our kids will be doing their referral dives down there to complete their OWD cert. We are looking at Carey Divers and Mundaca divers. Does anyone have personal experience with either? Or a shop you really recommend? Thanks for any info!

I work with many of the shops on Isla. My two preferred shops (where I take tourists and groups) are SeaHawk Divers and Mexico Divers. Both are very good and I have friends who work at both. If you go to them please tell them that ScubaBob recommended them and hopefully they will treat you well.

I work with many of the shops on Isla. My two preferred shops (where I take tourists and groups) are SeaHawk Divers and Mexico Divers. Both are very good and I have friends who work at both. If you go to them please tell them that ScubaBob recommended them and hopefully they will treat you well.
Hi Scuba Bob. I'm taking my granddaughter diving on Cozumel in April, with Aqua Safari. Considering diving MUSA. What's the best way to dive MUSA from Cozumel? Aqua Safari does not go to MUSA. Do we have to ferry Coz to PdC, then bus to Cancun?

Hi Scuba Bob. I'm taking my granddaughter diving on Cozumel in April, with Aqua Safari. Considering diving MUSA. What's the best way to dive MUSA from Cozumel? Aqua Safari does not go to MUSA. Do we have to ferry Coz to PdC, then bus to Cancun?

Mary: The MUSA that I am familiar with is near Isla Mujeres, not Cozumel. I don't believe there is a MUSA (Museum for Underwater Sculpture and Art) at Cozumel. You would need to take a bus or rent a car to get from PdC to Cancun and either hook up with a dive shop in Cancun or ferry over to Isla. MUSA dives are usually in the afternoon. But if you are an experienced diver who enjoys reefs and reef fish then I don't think you will find MUSA all that great. The ocean bottom (at 24 feet or 8 meters) is all sand and the art is scattered about but the area does not have a whole lot of reef fish. There are some nice schools of large gray Angelfish but that is about it other than some small fishes that hang around the sculptures. The second dive of the afternoon, at one of the nearby reefs, can often pop with something unusual. Last year I got a great video of an octopus and another of a Hawksbill turtle. When I have divers with more than 50 dives going out I specifically make MUSA as a no-go. It is great for beginner divers or Discover Scuba Diving students but that is about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom