Reflections of 10-18mm lens in photos - Sony A6500

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dragonsrock

Registered
Reaction score
Hi I have a Sony A6500 and a Fantasea FA6500 housing. When using the 10-18mm lens and shooting towards the surface I get reflections of the lens in the photos, specifically the white writing around the lense.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get an anti-reflection ring to suit this lense / housing combo? Alternately, what else can I do to prevent the reflections?

Thanks,

Dragonsrock

You can always paint over it. Unfortunately, without obscuring the writing on the lens, it's going to show up. Alternatively you can always clone them out in post.

I had that problem and noticed an article (or post?) on WetPixel that suggested using an adhesive backed black felt. It works great and won't compromise the resale value of the lens. Here is an example, but there are a lot of sources.
Thanks guys for your assistance. I have tried painting with limited success. I will track down some felt and try that. In addition, on B&H I found a anti reflection shading ring to suit the lens but for a Sea & Sea Housing,Sea & SeaAnti-Reflective Shading Ring M62 for Sony SEL1018 10-18mm f/4 Lens in ML Dome Port I might give this a try if the felt doesn't work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom