Reflective Paint

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Talk to somebody in the Roads department of your township or the state DOT. The new stuff they use for the lines wears like steel and has a high count of reflective particles.

I have used reflective tape available from automotive supplies. It works well on slick/smooth surfaces that do not flex. It has done well on the ribs on my fins for example, not as well on the webs. Also is just so so on brush or mat finish surfaces. There is a company in Japan that sells reflective paint in several colors but I have not figured out how to order from them. Some say that the paint is not nearly as reflective as tape!

As a newby, I wish more people would "customize" their gear not just for visibility, but it makes it easier to tell who is who under water. That can be difficult if many people have similar fins or suits.

julian

Thanks for the reply jbrook I have seen the site for the reflective paint in Japan I cant figure out how to order neither lol. I have found some reflective paint in cans and spray form. Thanks again for your help.

WV-Buddrinker

Wouldn't a fluorescent acrylic enamel work?
Such as a fluorescent model car paint?
I know enamel is strong and acrylic causes the paint to have a stronger bond to the item it is on...
Maybe an oil based instead of acrylic?

JDL Industries
9500 NW 12th St
Miami, FL 33172
Phone: 305-599-2022
Fax: 305-599-2078
This is one company that sells reflective liquid (paint) They have not sent me information yet Im not sure if its available in spray.

800 414-5024 144 US Reflector is the company that sells spray form it is $30 plus shipping

Hope this was helpful

wv-buddrinker, I'm looking for reflective paint too,did you have any luck besides JDL Industries and the Japanese Co. @ www.apace-science.com ? HELP!

Back
Top Bottom