Refresher needed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, a refresher could well make your wife more comfortable with the notion of diving again. Divers often get into trouble when they are stressed. The more comfortable a diver feels, as long as they are not a real fool, the better off they are.

Since money is tight, you might try a pool session on your own. If she still would like the refresher, it is a good idea.

I will admit both of our LDS's with pools, if certified through them, allow you to use the pool when available for free. It is nice to be able to get in the water and practice some skills and drills without having to pay out money. Although I suppose a fill would be required. That is also assuming you own your own gear. I highly recommend getting her in the water and performing skills and drills with or without and instructor.

One very important item I neglected to mention in my other post; If your wife wants a refresher and you want to stay off the couch - get her the refresher. As an instructor it is very obvious that when mama ain't happy nobody is happy. Isn't her peace of mind worth more than $80 bucks?

We went to a dive show not long ago and sat through a DAN session. He suggested that everyone do a refresher every year. It makes good sense. While I did not do a refresher this year as we were in the pool once a month and stopped diving in mid Nov and started back up in Mid March. However, next year I doubt we will do it that way, I will make myself and daughter take a refresher before we start out again. I get the money part. I will leave it up to my husband if he wants to or not. More a peace of mind than anything. Also, I cannot take back anything that goes wrong because I was not better prepared. I can only fix the now. If your wife is anything like me, a worry wart, take the class. You and she will sleep better at night. If I can't sleep it ain't right!

depends on your relationship with your wife. if she's likely to argue with you in the pool about how things are supposed to be done, or get upset at you afterward a dive that you should have done a refresher course it would be money well spent ! :wink:

depends on your relationship with your wife. if she's likely to argue with you in the pool about how things are supposed to be done, or get upset at you afterward a dive that you should have done a refresher course it would be money well spent ! :wink:

Is everyone married to the same wife? Being the wife in the relationship, I would think you were talking about me. One thing you have to understand, is the we are ALWAYS right. :D We know better, the sooner that is understood the better the relationship. I just wish I could get my husband to understand this. There can only be one right person in a relationship. :wink:

I just wish I could get my husband to understand this. There can only be one right person in a relationship. :wink:

As my wife likes to say to me, "I was right, but more importantly, you were wrong." :no:

As my wife likes to say to me, "I was right, but more importantly, you were wrong." :no:

She has it right!:rofl3: Our problem is we both want to be right and he has not learned yet after 18 years. :idk: I don't hold out much hope for him, I just wish he would accept it that I am always right. Men, they just never learn.:eyebrow:

Haven't been married 15 years without realizing "wife happy, everybody happy. Wife not happy, noooobody happy.". That being said, have learned bite my tongue few times. Not worth the argument or the pouting.

Scuba rentals $75 for complete set. Scuba charter $130 for the day. $80 for refresher and happy wife. Priceless !!! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom