Reg help, feels out of breath at 100ft?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i had the proton xl with the v16, and took it down to 120-130 quite a few times, and it always breathed well...so the reg is well able to take it

If you are sure the tank valve was fully open, then my guess would be that the Intermediate Pressure is set too low. Have it checked by a technician.

Another possibility is a partially plugged filter in the first stage. For a new regulator just returned from a trip to Belize, this is probably the most likely possibility. One bad tank of air could be enough to cause a problem.

Leisure pro's 4 to 6 week turn around really sucks, especially for a just purchased in the shop regulator. If you came back into our shop with your recently purchased reg, we'd explore the possible filter and IP problems in 4 to 6 minutes and could pretty much guarentee a fix or exchange while you wait.

I agree that 4-6 weeks turnaround is way too long, and I am not sure LP even had a technician in house at that time. The saleperson just took down some notes and gave me that estimate. No one even "looked" at the reg.......

I am quite new to diving, how can you set the intermediate pressure for the reg? or it has to be done by technician only.....

Back
Top Bottom