Reg set for advanced ean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tampascott once bubbled...
Yes, I would if it was just a tech dive, but I'm shooting fish, and it would be difficult to wear it like that and cock my gun repeatedly, etc.

I don't spearfish so I'm not 100% sure of the contortions that may be involved with cocking your gun, but I can say that even with 2 Al40 stage bottles mounted hog style, they really have almost no affect on your range of motion.

I'm curious if you have tried it or not? If not, you should before you dismiss it based on perceived effects.

James

James Goddard once bubbled...

I don't spearfish so I'm not 100% sure of the contortions that may be involved with cocking your gun, but I can say that even with 2 Al40 stage bottles mounted hog style, they really have almost no affect on your range of motion.

I'm curious if you have tried it or not? If not, you should before you dismiss it based on perceived effects.

James
That's an interesting point, and I have not tried it but I have asked every technical spearfisherman I know about it, and generally they say it's too difficult. They cite range of motion problems, as well as the deco bottle clanking on rocks or a part of the ledge if your reaching up under cracks, etc. But, I agree, I should try it myself, as I would really rather wear it as a typical deco bottle.

With his repeated abuse of "quotations", and his use of the word "friggen," he can be only one person: Dr. Evil.

--Can somebody fix the friggen "laser."

tampascott once bubbled...
Yes, I would if it was just a tech dive, but I'm shooting fish, and it would be difficult to wear it like that and cock my gun repeatedly, etc. Therefore, much of the saftey built in (looking at bottle, reading 02 sticker, etc.) is lost because it's strapped to my 120. That is why the idea of a completely unique regulator seems prudant. Thanks for the reply.

Incidently, I have borrowed as much as I can from DIR and still shoot, including the BP/Wing set-up.

Oh well, so much for that idea then. I would make sure that you use a reg that is very distiguishable from your primary reg or it could be ox tox city :eek:

I dive with a pony bottle slung as a stage, and spearfish.

I have NEVER had it get in the way while hunting. Never.

In the water it rides up under your left arm (in the crook of your 'pit) and essentially "disappears." I have no problem loading my gun with it on, or stringing fish, or any of the other things you have to do.

Assuming you're talking about a 30 or 40 cube bottle of high FO2 gas, it'll work just fine. Look at the WKPP reference posted and try it. I bet you'll like it - I did for my pony (19 cube)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom