Regs in your carryon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
Anyone have an issues with this? I don't want to pack them in my luggage.

I have never had a problem carrying on in dozens of flights.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I used to carry them on and never had a problem. They just increased the weight of the carryon. Now I just check them. If they get waylaid, I'll rent until they arrive. I've never had them not arrive and I've been traveling for a lot of years. Most frequent travelers I know check their regs I do carry my prescription mask on board. That's a bit harder to do without.

I always carry on my regs as I don't want to take a risk of them not arriving. The TSA usually wants to take another look but that's about it, of course it's probably due to the fact that I have a can light and about 3-5 sets of regs in my carry on when I travel.

Why stop with your regs? Get a Dive Caddy and put all your gear in carry on.

Reg's, computers, compasses, analog gauges....Get some strange looks once in awhile going thru detectors. [but there's usually one TSA agent around that's a diver]......

Once in the Miami International Airport, flying from USA back to Argentina, I had my reg set in my carryon luggage. When entering to the departure port I was separated from the row and the TSA inspector tested the reg with explosive detectors and some other chemicals. He asked me several times if it was safe to open the bag, if it won´t explode and stupid questions of the kind. Though finally everything was fine, the bad moment was to be remembered. However, I will not ship the reg in my checked luggage.

Regs, computer, mask stay with me. Never had a problem. At home I dive heavy stuff, including metal second stages. But I travel with an MK20UL and G250 or G500 or D400--to keep the weight down a bit.

I get filleted about half the time when returning through Phoenix for out of the country. TSA there is less than understanding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom