Regulator and bungee?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dwellex

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I was wondering if any of you guys would have a link on how to attach a bungee or surgical tubing on a long hose regulator?

I purchased a back plate and wing BCD and also I change my regulator for eventually Tec diving. I now have a long hose (7feet) I will be leaving in Jamaica just for recreational diving and I dont want my long hose reg to dangle around.

How do I secure it so that it does not get in the way?

Thank you!

Alex

I prefer tying a knot in mine but I have no pictures for it..

I used a double fisherman's bend:

The Double Fisherman's Bend

Look at step # 14 and imagine the distance between the 2 knots being big enough for your regulator mouth piece. That's what I did.

The tricky part is getting the length of the necklace correct with decent tension on the loop holding the regulator.

Hope this helps.

Henrik

Hello,

I was wondering if any of you guys would have a link on how to attach a bungee or surgical tubing on a long hose regulator?

I purchased a back plate and wing BCD and also I change my regulator for eventually Tec diving. I now have a long hose (7feet) I will be leaving in Jamaica just for recreational diving and I dont want my long hose reg to dangle around.

How do I secure it so that it does not get in the way?

Thank you!

Alex

I'm assuming maybe it was just a typo, but please note that the bungee does not go on the long hose. You bungee your back-up regulator so it is easily accessible if you need to donate your long hose (or somehow drop it out of your mouth and need to recover it or any other case that your primary regulator is not in your mouth).

It appears that you have gotten the links to attach the bungee, so I won't link again....I just wanted to make sure that was a typo.

I'm assuming maybe it was just a typo, but please note that the bungee does not go on the long hose. You bungee your back-up regulator so it is easily accessible if you need to donate your long hose (or somehow drop it out of your mouth and need to recover it or any other case that your primary regulator is not in your mouth).

It appears that you have gotten the links to attach the bungee, so I won't link again....I just wanted to make sure that was a typo.

that is my hope, too.

He's obviously ( we hope ) speaking of the Hogarthian rig where the long hose is primary, and the short hose thingy is bungee-attached under the chin.

The long hose regulator, when not in use, is secured to the right chest D-ring with a bolt snap that is tied to the hose, close to the second stage.

The long hose regulator, when not in use, is secured to the right chest D-ring with a bolt snap that is tied to the hose, close to the second stage.

what if I wanna clip it to the left ring? :D

Thanks guys! Yes I'm talking about the Hogarthian rig! Sorry about that! As for the back up reg I will use bungee but for the primary reg (with long hose) how do I rig it so that the hose is not in the way?
I'm sorry about all the confusion...

Thanks!

Alex

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom