Regulator/gear hanger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CycleCat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I bought a few of these hangers during a Christmas sale a few years ago and have just been hanging wetsuits on them. Does anyone successfully use them for hanging regs? I figured out the large hole directly under the hanger hook will accept the threads of a DIN reg and the lobe under that will accept a yoke reg but I haven't had any success getting the rest of the reg to hang in any of the additional loops without sliding through and putting stress on the hose ends. Is there any advantage to hanging them? So far I just keep them in my reg bags.

Attachments

• IMG_0846.jpg
    IMG_0846.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 92
I don't use that particular hanger. However, my BC hangers do also have the DIN/Yoke connection. After rinsing, I do hang the BC and regulator up on the hanger. I just simply loop the regulator hoses around the top of the hanger. My BC hangers are more like this one below, so the outer hooks keep the hoses from sliding off.

Once they are dry, I remove them from the hanger and store in my reg bags.

Does anyone successfully use them for hanging regs?

1655138649929.png
This method works well on first stages regardless of what they hang from. I make a loop from small line that is 8-12" or 200-300mm in diameter and attach it to the regulator with a girth hitch.

As you can see, it works for DIN and Yokes.

1655139489275.png

Short term drying, and just let the other end hang. Wouldn't go long term storage that way, but short term to dry is fine.

Our dive club uses them and just hangs them vertically with the first stage on the DIN or Yoke fitting and the hose and second stages just hanging vertically. We don't seem to have nay particular problems with this for ongoing storage.
Rich

I don't use that particular hanger. However, my BC hangers do also have the DIN/Yoke connection.....
Same! Ours are similar to this. If we are staying at an Airbnb and need to rinse/hang dry our stuff at the house very night, we throw a couple of these in our luggage. The regs screw onto the hanger then everything else just hangs like a normal hanger. Pretty slick.

I use these basic hangers from Underwater Kinetics.... Two regular hangers for drysuit and undergarment. One combo hanger for boots, gloves, hood, etc....and then two BC hangers for BC, fins, regs, accessories, lights, knifes, speargun, etc....

8LISiB6.jpg

I use these basic hangers from Underwater Kinetics.... Two regular hangers for drysuit and undergarment. One combo hanger for boots, gloves, hood, etc....and then two BC hangers for BC, fins, regs, accessories, lights, knifes, speargun, etc....

8LISiB6.jpg
What the hell is wrong with your fins? There's a huge split right down the middle! LOL! KIDDING!!! :)

What the hell is wrong with your fins? There's a huge split right down the middle! LOL! KIDDING!!! :)

Fashion statement, the diving equivalent of the ripped jeans some people wear :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom