Regulator Geeks 3: Reg Performance at Max Safe Gas Density

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rsingler

Scuba Instructor, Tinkerer in Brass
Staff member
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just surfaced from another great day on the Spiegel Grove. The folks at Horizon Divers were kind enough to let me test this slung 100CF monstrosity. A big shout-out to Bobby, my safety diver, who kept me from being stupid during ~20 reg exchanges, and wrote down all the data.
All told, we had 11 second stages to test at 120ft, 3 on my primary and 8 on the stage. EAN 29, 18 min at 121ft, ~15 min deco, 35 min run time, ~6 g/l gas density.
I'm going to put them all on the gas bench next week, and we'll see how what I felt correlates with the dynamic numbers. Atomic, Poseidon, Deep6, Apeks and Scubapro (incl a BA).
Almost time for another Regulator Geeks chat!
20221118_103236.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

My 18lb wing was close to full, to float all that stuff at 120' at the beginning, lol!

Bobby is a great guy! He and I were formerly affiliated with the same shop in Indianapolis. He also joined us on several of my trimix training dives with Dan Dawson. Horizon Divers are good folks. I don't get down there to dive with them enough.

Your dedication to the testing of regulators in real-life performance is legendary. I am also looking forward to the data collected and to seeing how these brands fare in real-life conditions.

Damn, man. You don't just sling a pony, you bring a freakin merry-go-round!

I do take note of what you are jumping with. I'll be curious to see how that preference holds up under edge-condition comparison.

I'm going to put them all on the gas bench next week, and we'll see how what I felt correlates with the dynamic numbers. Atomic, Poseidon, Deep6, Apeks and Scubapro (incl a BA).
You just don’t do enough, heh, heh, heh . . .

Just surfaced from another great day on the Spiegel Grove. The folks at Horizon Divers were kind enough to let me test this slung 100CF monstrosity. A big shout-out to Bobby, my safety diver, who kept me from being stupid during ~20 reg exchanges, and wrote down all the data.
All told, we had 11 second stages to test at 120ft, 3 on my primary and 8 on the stage. EAN 29, 18 min at 121ft, ~15 min deco, 35 min run time, ~6 g/l gas density.
View attachment 754110
View attachment 754109
My 18lb wing was close to full, to float all that stuff at 120' at the beginning, lol!
Isn’t that your son?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom