• every year and a half

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • every two years

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • three years or longer

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rooster1

Reaction score
how often do you service your regs?? do you really get it service yearly? or do you let it go longer?

I tend to service mine when they need it. Or after so many dives.

If there is a leak somwhere or a dodgy looking hose I will fix it straight away. Otherwise about every 100-150 dives I will pull them apart and give them a full service.

It depend how much u dive with it as well, I service mine some time after 3 or 6 month if I have to…….

So basically I moniter performance and service at first indication of problem (leak, or IP/breathing performance change. It works out to 1 to 3 years between dissassembly, cleaning, inspection, and adjustment but very little parts usage.

I think this is a tough one. I've been getting the regs I use alot, between 70-90 dives a year, three quarters of them in excess of 120 minutes serviced every year. My definition of alot may make some laugh, however my profiles, in my mind, require peace of mind. Consiquently, the ones I use less often, I have been getting serviced every two years. Sure money is a consideration, but my saftey is always paramount in my mind.

My regs that are still under warranty get serviced every year. Regs that are not under warranty get serviced every 2 - 3 years, sometime less if they have not been used much.

Depends on the amount of diving, during the first 3 years it was each year to keep up on the warranty, now it's about every 18 months.
If I felt a problem while breathing them, I would bring them in first thing, however this hasn't happened... yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom