Regulator questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gadawg

Reaction score
I'm thinking of purchasing the ScubaPro MK20/G600 or the Mares Abyss. Are there any pros/cons to either? Both have gotten good reviews.

I like the adjustability of the ScubaPro. I have a UL20/G500. The 600 replaced it. Also depends on what kind of diving you do. For Cold water diving I'd go with an Apeks TX 50 or TX 100.
Both the ScubaPro and Mares are great regs though.

This is going to be my first regulator purchase and want to try and get one to stay with for awhile as I advance in diving. My local shop carries both but likes the ScubaPro better, but it's more expensive too. Thanks for the input.

I dive the Scubapro MK20/S600 with a G250 for an octo and I am completely satisfied. The 600 breathes easy and naturally, even when lying on my back looking up at the surface from 100' or so, which causes many other regs difficulties. I've experimented with long duration buddy breathing at depth while swimming pretty hard with this rig, and both sides continued to breathe just as easily as solo at the surface. I love this rig, but can't tell you if the competition is as good or better.

ALoha,

JOnathan

Both Pearce & I bought a Mares Abyss a couple of months ago. They are nice, easy breathers at any depth and in any position.

The only "con" is the amount of bubble interference... they really need a longer exhaust T. :(

~SubMariner~

Back
Top Bottom