Regulator section and topic Policy to moderator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepocean

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all and moderator

I have a request. The last time I see that very few advanced divers are visiting this section (that means also participating)!
This is because the level of the knowledge that goes around here never elevates to something deeper or more advanced.

I think the best things is to ask our moderator to make some rules on placing a topic.

Something like: Search some first and then if you dont find anything on the particular topic place a new topic!

If there are some rules or clear nettiquetes things will get more interesting eventually. Topics like brand1 V.S. brand2 which one is better... are OK! But what i see here is people asking on the same topic over and over again.

Maybe we can make some sticky documents? Like a faq? Or special topics like : THE BIG APEKS TOPIC, THE BIG SCUBAPRO TOPIC, OR THE BIG PISTON VS DIAPHRAGM TOPIC.

This has considerable advantages.

1--> Newbies can get their info faster, easier and everything is at one place and further searching is not neccessary.
2--> For more advances divers there is no annoyance.
3--> The list will be much cleaner!

Anyone that has comments please do not hestitate ! But be contructif please.

greetings, Xerxes

I think this is a terrible idea. Anyone wanting to look for something specific would have to wade through a thread with hundreds of posts. I like the way it is. Even having the same discussions over and over brings up new points of view every time it happens, and doesn't have people responding to posts that are months or even years old just because they're in "the" thread.

Most topics are reasonably well worded, and you can skip the ones that doesn't interest you.

A feature that might be nice, however, is to be able to sort new posts by forum, so that a user can quickly get past entire forums that are of little interest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom