Regulator sourcing discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I actually think this thread has been useful. I have a son that is going down to roatan for his Dm/IDC and I'm helping him with gear and training. After reading through this thread, I will seriously consider a Hog setup. I have a lot more research to do, but i like diving into a good research project (pun was intended).

I am more of a fact based guy, show me the quality metrics and lets measure the brands/models mentioned head to head. Companies/products are always going to have some issues but its how quickly those companies react and what they do to make it right.. but its also the changes to their production and products that elimnate the falure from ever happening again thats just as important. I was doing some research because I was just about to buy a used regulator (Atomic) but noticed there had been a recall on that model because of a faulty spring which had caused the reg to malfunction. Atomic handled the situation through a recall and they are still producing very high quality regulators today. My point being, unless a company fails to back its product, or has continued issues with its product lines, then dont overly condem them based on that one experience...(wow got a little off topic there). I also dont care where something is manufactored, parts are procurred, or where its assembled. Its a global economy and Im not in a position to say whether one country's labor force is more deserving than another. Sure as an American, I'd love to buy "Made in America", but folks we tried that pitch back in th70 and 80s and it didnt work out to well. The price points were too high. So what's important to me is getting the best quality at the most competitve price. This thread has atleast convinced me to take a look at Hog.

Back
Top Bottom