Removal of Threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pwfletcher

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
All threads relating to the sale of my rebreather on Ebay have been removed. However, apprently all of the other threads pointing to ebay listings are ok. What do you guys think? Ridiculous that they removed them or did my post annoy you guys? If it was annoting, sorry :) The last thread wasn't even about the sale, it was about whther or not to require certs. I understand that they want to prevent spam, but sheesh. I'll probably get banned for voicing my opinon, so it was nice knowing you guys :)

raebwonS:
Your For sale item and subsequent post have been moved to the Private offers forum. Please keep it there.

That is not right. Then you need to remove all of the other for sales from our forum. However, noone wants you to do that. Us rebreather divers are a small community and like to know when our cohorts sell a rig. In fact, we caught someone selling a stolen rig on Ebay just a few months ago. Please put it back!

As mods, we cannot catch every for sale or commercial post. When we find one or when one is reported, it is moved to the appropriate forum. If there are older commercial or for sale posts that were missed before, they may be dealt with if they get bumped to the top. Meanwhile, we are not going to seek them out.

As for posts regarding items for sale in the general forums - these have been discouraged as long as I've been on ScubaBoard, though as I said - sometimes they slip through the cracks.

Per Tech Admin:

For many reasons, we have condensed all for sale/trade forums into the market place. Why? basically having a central place means more traffic, easier access and an easier place to keep an eye on things. It is a win-win-win situation and so long as we don't have heavy volume in any one area there is no need for sub-forums... however, if we find ourselves with lots of sales of one type of gear we can add specific forums down the road.

They simply placed it in the right place.
Whats wrong with that.
Your more likey to get more hits now then before.
Fred

Ok ... sorry. I guess that I'm wrong. Although I can't find where either of these people have posted to our thread before. On the second thread, I wasn't looking for hits. It was a topic of discussion regarding certs.

pwfletcher:
Although I can't find where either of these people have posted to our thread before. On the second thread, I wasn't looking for hits. It was a topic of discussion regarding certs
Probably because neither has mauch to contribute to the subject.

I agree that the second post shouldn't have been moved as it wasn't an ad but rather your opinion on the subject of RB certification.
Maybe before you big kahunas move a post you wanna read it.

I also agree that in cases of RBs sales links might well be better off here.
If it's a rule, make an exception. The DIR dodos get it with their NO SPAM ZONE (while trolling our forum on occasion).

Back
Top Bottom